Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

"GO AROUND"

Again?!?!?
Got the email from the MEC that managment is ready to start the negotiations up again at the end of December. Can you say, all we want for xmas is the company to actually negotiate in good faith.

Cautiously optimistic, but will wait and believe it when is see it.

Get a clue, it costs money to have a poorly motivated pilot force! Go back to school.

"lets run an airline like they always have been run because we are not smart enough to figure out something else".

It is a risk running an airline like the old days in this environment. Treating your workers like trash does not work. Find ways to motivate them and you will win!

Duhhh!

Everyone should read the latest "negotiators notepad". It has a good description of the events through the end of October. This should bother even the most tolerant of people.

:cool:Yeah, more of the same crap from that Notepad. Company not ready....stall, stall, stall! Give me the Strike ballot! Lets put it right in their cooter pooters! Bring it on BABY!!!

I know you guys have been going through this for some time now. I'm just wondering why things haven't come to a grinding halt around there?

Plug said:
Everyone should read the latest "negotiators notepad". It has a good description of the events through the end of October. This should bother even the most tolerant of people.

I agree. To be honest, this is the first time I have seen what has been negotiated and what is or was in the works before mgmt. decided to stop negotiating so they could do some cost analysis.

I wonder how much longer the NMB will allow mgmt. to keep using these stalling tactics? The notepad made a note that there is no set time limit for mediated talks....

This pilot group's patience won't take much more.

jrav8tor said:
I agree. To be honest, this is the first time I have seen what has been negotiated and what is or was in the works before mgmt. decided to stop negotiating so they could do some cost analysis.

I wonder how much longer the NMB will allow mgmt. to keep using these stalling tactics? The notepad made a note that there is no set time limit for mediated talks....

The notepad was written before the next negotiation session was scheduled. They are meeting at the end of this month just after Christmas and supposedly management is going to come ready to negotiate.

As far as a strike vote goes, I just hope that when we conduct it, we get a good turnout. It would be very detrimental if we had a poor showing or we voted and got 70/30 or even 80/20. We need AT LEAST a 90% and 95 would be better.

jrav8tor said:

What is sad is that the NMB can't show bias, and any sort of pressure on the company would show bias towards labor. It is a fine line that the mediator has to walk. The mediator's primary focus is to protect the economy and keep America flying, as soon as the mediator senses a threat from labor he will then park us, or release us. How militant we are will determine the course he chooses. A strike vote is just ONE way to trigger this threat.

Cheers

Managment has not wanted to negotiate a new contract until everything was settled.
Just a thought:
Both sides started out slow in 02 for the first year cause they wanted to see how the industry was going to play out. Let's just say in 03 that the wheels started turning at DAL to sell us. Delta/ASA would not want to change anything and keep costs low to make us look better to a buyer. So they spend the next 2 yrs sending their negotiators to stall until the sale was complete and then afte the sale they now have to cost the new codeshare agreement.

Hopefully, this is the point where things start to happen and the contract gets done. If it doesn't then the strike vote needs to happen very soon. It needs to be at least 95% to 100%.

Latest resources

Back