• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA managment ready to continue...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you really expect that Skywest will pay you more at ASA than they currently pay the pilots at SKYW?

Surplus,
As long as cost are comparable yes they just might pay us more! if our cost are lower than Skywest over all then they can...COULD pay us more over all.
They would look at the a/c leases, gate leases, personnel cost (rampers, dispatchers, VP´s etc) fuel prices we pay, insurance we pay, and all the other cost that are different for us compared to everyone else out there.
I´m sure you knew that though, so I´m wondering why you really posed that question?

mckpickle said:
I know you guys have been going through this for some time now. I'm just wondering why things haven't come to a grinding halt around there?

Good question! I wonder about this everyday when I hear guys talking about
single-engine taxi and not using the APU to save gas. It is just sad!

:cool:Yes Surplus they will....that is how the line moves higher each time. One company raises the bar and so on! The Skywst pilot group ought to be cheering us on because it will effect their future pay as well! And right now as two separate pilot groups, ASA is MUCH cheaper to operate! We have no duty rigs, no profit sharing, HUGE lack of QOL issues! Man the list could go on and on, but I am sure that someone will pick up right where I left off and continue the list!

mckpickle said:
I know you guys have been going through this for some time now. I'm just wondering why things haven't come to a grinding halt around there?
perhaps its because the vast majority of us, while aggravated by the snails pace these negotiations have been progressing, are leaning on our faith in our company coming around to do the right thing by us. We believe intentional waste by us will only hurt our chances of better contract terms. It is my hope that the company will come in after Christmas and negotiate in good faith and that ALPA will do the same. Maybe they will finally meet somewhere in the middle and we can move on with our lives in peace for the next little while. I am optomistic because, as I understand it, the company has asked for these meetings.

Maybe Jerry Atkin's cleaning ASA's house of junk will encourge MGT to move forward. I truely hope that Management has "Good Faith" in negotiations this time around. Once you have your Labor problems solved, you can focus on Passenger issues. This will make you the airline people want to do business with.

I think they're just playing nice now due to the threat of a strike vote. Don't let it fool you! We'll see what really happens. My prediction, negotiations will go well until we take our strike vote, then they will tank again pending another cost review.

ohplease! said:
1. We believe intentional waste by us will only hurt our chances of better contract terms.
2. It is my hope that the company will come in after Christmas and negotiate in good faith and that ALPA will do the same.
3...as I understand it, the company has asked for these meetings.

1. The waste has nothing to do with the contract. In fact, this company has wasted so much money over the last 3 years dragging this out. That is one of the reasons Chuck was cut loose. I do not intentionally waste but I do not go out of my way to help it either. I work by the book. They wrote it, they can live by it.

2. Our pilot group has negotiated in good faith since day one. If I'm correct Mr. Atkin asked why has it taken 3 years to get through the non-economic issues. Why did the Company show up at the last session and indicate they might not be able to honor what they have already agreed to. The Company had stated that they had not done any economic costing.

3. You understand wrong.

Texx said:
1. The waste has nothing to do with the contract. In fact, this company has wasted so much money over the last 3 years dragging this out. That is one of the reasons Chuck was cut loose. I do not intentionally waste but I do not go out of my way to help it either. I work by the book. They wrote it, they can live by it.

2. Our pilot group has negotiated in good faith since day one. If I'm correct Mr. Atkin asked why has it taken 3 years to get through the non-economic issues. Why did the Company show up at the last session and indicate they might not be able to honor what they have already agreed to. The Company had stated that they had not done any economic costing.

3. You understand wrong.

1. yes they have and that frustrates me. Nothing I can do about that. I think its the system more than the management that is broken, which leads to #2. I can work by the book and still conserve fuel, keep on schedule, make our customers happy, etc.

2. I'm not sure they have. The system dictated that EACH side start at an extreme end so they'll have room for give and take. I am hopefully optomistic that Skywest mgmt. will prod ASA mgmt. along and ALPA will meet them out in the middle of the street.

3. Everything I've seen posted stated that ASA/SKYW asked for the meetings after Christmas and appear to be ready to sit down and get it done. If thats wrong, please shed some light....

Latest resources

Back