• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA management still asking for concessions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wasnt trying to flame. FO told me he had heard that talks broke down cause of the strike, thats all. Plus - isnt Charlie negotiating - he is senior management so why would he have to go talk to senior management. Plus it was right before the picketing. He is there instead of Scott because he is senior management -oh well.

Frustrated with the union - hell yes. We are screwed either way. We stand firm on no 700 pay cut, guess what - Jerry gives all the 700 flying to SW. Dont blame SW. Our fellow union 'brothers' at MESA, CHQ, COM, PIN and several others with lower rates will jump on our flyng in a heartbeat. Look at EXJet, they were giving us crap not long ago because we threatened to take their flying. Now they are taking west coast flying.

The 700 pay rates today are jacked anyway. Until the 700 all ASA rates were linear - same percentage increase each year. Then with the 700 we got the inflated top end rate. The 5 year guy gets a buck or two more, but the 18 year guy (itself over the 15 year top we always had) gets an 18 buck raise. That payscale was a sellout in my opinion. I am not advocating a cut, but if you bring the top (15-18) year rate down you dont effect many.

So yes, I am very disgruntled about our union. If we stand our ground ( and I think we should ) another ALPA carrier will gladly take our flying. And dont blame SW for being nonunion. They have much better wages and work rules than most ALPA carriers that threaten us. We are represented by a union that could care less about what happens to us. Not our own alpa guys - but our union in general.

If these liberal communists in the ASA mec cared about their future they would do whats best for the company and the pilots not whats best for a few fools who think they are entitled.

Moderator reviewed.

Last edited by a moderator:
SSDD said:
Whatever you do, don't let them talk you into the "bucket system" for reserve. It totally bypasses seniority. The trip goes to whoever fits in the "bucket." There is no such thing as first or last call. If a 3 day trip comes up, it goes to the person who has three reserve days left. A 4 day trip to the one who has 4 days left and so on. Your work preferences don't mean anything.

well it's not like seniority means anything now anyhow. there is no rhyme or reason as to how they assign reserve trips.

SuperKooter said:
Its not a flame I just don't understand why we need to keep a wage on 35 planes and not get growth. Its only an 8% cut. Thats 1 or bucks. Now comair is going to get our GROWTH.

Did you flunk basic math in school? 8% of the rates for guys on the 70 would be 6-8 bucks an hour. That's 450-600 buck a month just on guarantee. Use a calculator, there's one on every computer, if you can't do it in your head. You just made yourself look like a horses A$$. Any way you slice it that's a big cut for a company that is making money.

The problem here is looking at what is happening with TSA and GJ. TSA guys stood firm and now that side of the company is shrinking and GJ is growing. But we sure showed those scumbags at GJ.

If you guys think for a second that won't happen here between SkyWest and ASA, you've been at the union punch bowl too long. Bottom line is how much money can the company make for the shareholders to get more capital invested. The sooner the facts get faced on that one, the sooner this crap sandwich will be eaten and you don't have to dread it anymore.

GO AROUND said:
Did you flunk basic math in school? 8% of the rates for guys on the 70 would be 6-8 bucks an hour. That's 450-600 buck a month just on guarantee. Use a calculator, there's one on every computer, if you can't do it in your head. You just made yourself look like a horses A$$. Any way you slice it that's a big cut for a company that is making money.

When you think outside the box you realize that growth = much bigger payraise for the junior guys. I guess ASA is just another case of weve got ours so we might as well try to break the bank. Screw those who are waiting for upgrade

SuperKooter said:
If these liberal communists in the ASA mec cared about their future they would do whats best for the company and the pilots not whats best for a few fools who think they are entitled.

Moderator reviewed.

IS that you Adamkooper? I'm thinking you, D'angela, and ohplease need to go start your own airline flying 70 seaters for $5.15 and hour.

SuperKooter said:

Moderator reviewed.

Way to go! Yet another pilot thinking for himself! The ranks are going. You commies can run but you cant hide! ALPOs days of dominance are OVER

:(Guys, don't fret the "Pooter Scooter," he is just another manager that is trying to start crap on this board. Remember Brian, we won't bend you idiot!!

Turkey, I am sorry for your guys situation over there at TSA, but we are not going to bend on this deal. I believe that the SK guys/gals are going to vote in the union and put an end to a lot of this crap. We shall see, but from everything I have read from our union reps, we are doing the right thing and when we have our strike vote pass by over 97%, Mr. Atkin is going to CRAP himself!! Get ready JERRY!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back