• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA lost hundreds of pilots in 2005!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Darned - us junior 200 Captains are moving down because of the IP's bidding since they do not have new hire classes and the "standards" guys are bidding lines. IMHO they should have to bid the -700 if they want to fly the line, since that is what they get paid on. Bidding the 200 for the schedule while getting 700 pay is kind of a rip.

ohplease! said:
two words: dual qualification.

I'm just curious. What do you think would be involved with dual qualification when it comes to pro checks etc. Would you have to sim check in both 200 and 700 sims ???

While these two a/c are the same type they fly and operate very differently.

Would you as a line pilot really want to be responsible for both sets of limitations and systems knowledge ??

rjcap said:
I'm just curious. What do you think would be involved with dual qualification when it comes to pro checks etc. Would you have to sim check in both 200 and 700 sims ???

While these two a/c are the same type they fly and operate very differently.

Would you as a line pilot really want to be responsible for both sets of limitations and systems knowledge ??
I don't know. perhaps that would be best answered by a SKYW guy. I would guess check in the 200 maybe see the 700 sim the other sim ride.

Not really but, if all those other guys and girls could do it, maybe I could do it....

rjcap said:

For -700 pay, sure. For a blended (glorified) -200 rate, no thanks. I know the CNC will do the right thing regarding the issue. There is a lot of pressure as SkyW does it, but it was forced on them. I will not vote for a blended rate unless it is at least a 10% increase over what I make now on the -200. That probably won't happen.

ohplease! said:
I don't know. perhaps that would be best answered by a SKYW guy. I would guess check in the 200 maybe see the 700 sim the other sim ride.

Not really but, if all those other guys and girls could do it, maybe I could do it....

The issue is not whether you could do it or not.

Why would I want to be responsible for 2 sets of aircraft books, revisions, limitations, W&B, and all the other BS. How frickin big would my flight bag have to be to carry all this stuff ??

I guarantee you you won't be paid enough to make it worth your while.

rjcap said:
Why would I want to be responsible for 2 sets of aircraft books, revisions, limitations, W&B, and all the other BS. How frickin big would my flight bag have to be to carry all this stuff ??

Very True!

Although there's probably some idiot reading this string and going, "GAWRSH!!! They're gonna let me fly TWO shiny new jets!!!!!" and wondering where to sign up.

Pardon me while I hurl. . . . .

I fly both, usually every month. it's no big deal.

as for extra manuals, books, etc., nada again. we have a few pages of extra inserts and that's it.

remember, it's the same type AC. the differences are minor.

Ty Webb said:
Very True!

Although there's probably some idiot reading this string and going, "GAWRSH!!! They're gonna let me fly TWO shiny new jets!!!!!" and wondering where to sign up.

Pardon me while I hurl. . . . .

If I can fly two new jets I might go back to ASA! The 717 is not really shiny enough for me anyway.:D

rjcap said:
The issue is not whether you could do it or not.

Just imagine being cross qualified on the 757 and 767, DC9-10 thru DC9-50, or 737-200 thru 737-900.

Latest resources

Back