ASA lost hundreds of pilots in 2005!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Phony Marconi

Most of the attrition comes not from Captains leaving, but from junior F/O's giving up on the dream after realizing ASA is a dead-end.

The new seniority list tells all.

Do you happen to know what the total loss was for 2005 ??

Don't forget to factor in all those pilots on leave.

I'm about half way up the FO list and I moved up 132 numbers last year. So, I can believe we lost a couple hundred pilots, but from what I can tell, most of them were captains and probably a few senior fo's. In my opinion, I hope we lose twice that many this year too...of course I only care about the ones in front of me.

Tantrum said:
I'm about half way up the FO list and I moved up 132 numbers last year. So, I can believe we lost a couple hundred pilots, but from what I can tell, most of them were captains and probably a few senior fo's. In my opinion, I hope we lose twice that many this year too...of course I only care about the ones in front of me.
I'm a lot higher than that and I'm moving up about 8 or so a month and have for at least the last year. Most guy's are going from the middle to the top 1/3. I'm hoping Virgin will increase the number leaving soon.

I keep hearing about all this attrition, yet I've moved up only 12 numbers on the 700 FO list in 1 year!

79%N1 said:
I keep hearing about all this attrition, yet I've moved up only 12 numbers on the 700 FO list in 1 year!

That's because the 700 pilots are livin' large with their high pay! Nobody wants to leave....time for paycuts!

Yeah, maybe everybody will leave then! Hey, there's an idea. The company wont let anyone off the 700 to 'lower paying equipment', even after your seat-lock expires. So, if both 200/700 are the same rate, must they then let anybody bid to the 200? Sounds like a way to eat up that savings with all those additional training costs. I'm in!

79%N1 said:
Yeah, maybe everybody will leave then! Hey, there's an idea. The company wont let anyone off the 700 to 'lower paying equipment', even after your seat-lock expires. So, if both 200/700 are the same rate, must they then let anybody bid to the 200? Sounds like a way to eat up that savings with all those additional training costs. I'm in!
two words: dual qualification.

Latest resources

Back