• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sh says repeatedly that 4 day is the most efficeint trip. Not for the pilots, so how hard would it be to make the plane a 4 day rotation and the pilot a 3 day rotation. i think the plan is make the schedules suck and pbs will come quicker. remember when kw built lines their was 200 lines with day trips a 3 days. but i believe he did too good of a job so he was removed.

Yea back when ASA used to fly to the same cities 7 days a week all month long they could pack the lines full of 3 days. Now that the Delta planners have 8 different DCI carries going into nearly every city we fly to doing it at different times a day there is no purity left. This is why there are 32 hour overnights since we may only go to a city 5 days a week and all at different times.

We ever go back to just flying to a city 7 days a week the same time everyday all month long...then you will see 3 days return. It would also help if they would thin out the DCI portfolio......

Yea back when ASA used to fly to the same cities 7 days a week all month long they could pack the lines full of 3 days. Now that the Delta planners have 8 different DCI carries going into nearly every city we fly to doing it at different times a day there is no purity left. This is why there are 32 hour overnights since we may only go to a city 5 days a week and all at different times.

We ever go back to just flying to a city 7 days a week the same time everyday all month long...then you will see 3 days return. It would also help if they would thin out the DCI portfolio......

Finally someone who gets it!!

Finally someone who gets it!!

A Delta pilot friend of mine says they have the same problem due to the frequency changes to different markets throughout the week. It's more efficient and profitable for the Company to adjust frequency to demand. However, it brings havoc to building quality lines. Pairings can not repeat every day as the frequency is not the same.

actually - talk to any of the many pilots who are working with the planners every month on line construction. block hours keep dropping, the delta schedule changes day by day. dont get mad at the planners or think there is a bigger conspiracy, lines stink cause they have nothing to work with.

Correct.

There aren't 14 RSV FOs on the ATR. There are 20.

Good point: I counted the number of lines, not the number of FOs.

Sooo, even more of a question: why is nearly 40% of the ATR FO list on reserve?

remember when kw built lines their was 200 lines with day trips a 3 days. but i believe he did too good of a job so he was removed.

KW didn't do squat. He wasn't removed. He quit to go work for a hotel chain.

The planners that were there at the time, and some are still there, are the ones that built these type lines. DAL hired a guy from CAL to do market planning to maximize revenue. This began at the end of 2006. That's when the lines took a turn for the worst. If you notice there are more flights that operate only on certain days. With this the planners cannot build the same 3 day that will operate every day OR the same days every week. Also, since DAL changes the cities we go to every other month this also is a problem.

Whats the big deal about working weekends? It makes no difference to me. Sometimes I don't even know what day of the week it is.

Whats the big deal about working weekends? It makes no difference to me. Sometimes I don't even know what day of the week it is.

Give it time, just give it time.

Or, don't. Those junior to you will support your stance on this completely.

+1

It's easy enough for me to just shift my life/family around to enjoy each other on the days I don't work.

All of the things we enjoy are much less crowded on weekdays than they are on the weekends.

+1

It's easy enough for me to just shift my life/family around to enjoy each other on the days I don't work.

All of the things we enjoy are much less crowded on weekdays than they are on the weekends.

Damn, too bad you're not senior to me :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back