• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA letter 27 DENIED!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree John, Screw them. Even if it is a no show, who cares. It only stays on a year, then drops off. Who cares and you get what you want.
hell, I my schedule is next week off, then fly 24-26 then 4 off. Laughing, you think I am going to fly over xmas, umm no.. I am going to have 14 off. screw them.
It'll only matter if you're gonna try getting on with big D.

If you really wanted your LOA 27 day off on Christmas, you should have put in the request as soon as the final schedules came out. Why on earth did you wait until the 4th?

Those of you saying that there should be no limitations on this, you're telling me that if 300 pilots had letters they wanted to cash in over the holiday that the company should have let them off? Get real.
It shouldn't matter when anyone put in a request. Or how many. If the LOA 27 deal was agreed to because of company problems (and it was) and it states "any day off" (which it clearly does) and the pilot requests the day "at least 2 weeks prior" (which he apparently did)....the guy (or 300 guy's or 500 guy's) should get the day off. If that doesn't leave enough pilots to cover the 25th.....tuff titty.

BUT!! if you really thought that this company (or any other) was going to let that happen....you're nuts!!

Like so many other things from the past, they'll break the agreement, refuse to give you the day of your choice and let you grieve it later. The up side, as I see it here, is that you're likely to get another free day off after you win the grievance (which you clearly should).

as far as bidding for the days off, I didn't get to bid. I came over to the 700 in Nov. and had a line built for me in Dec. They also gave me the minimum days off ( 10 because they say 12 doesn't start until next month) Now they won't honor the LOA 27. As far as 50 or 500 pilots turning them in, They shouldn't have f#@$ed up and had to give us one. LOA 27 is supposed to be punishment for the company for not doing what they're supposed to. Some punishment when you can only use it when it's convenient for them. I have 1 leg home on Christmas day, so I asked PD if I get extended can I use my rejected LOA 27 to deny the extension? His answer: I'm not sure what they will say! Thank GOD ALPA got a chunk of my puny retro check!

Hate to brag, but I turned mine in the day the finals came out and it was approved. As far as those who were denied, they have to award you the day off under the old contract rules, which any LOA recievied before the 20 Nov. should be. If they are going to break the rules and deny you, I say break them right back and call in sick.

I have 1 leg home on Christmas day, so I asked PD if I get extended can I use my rejected LOA 27 to deny the extension? His answer: I'm not sure what they will say! Thank GOD ALPA got a chunk of my puny retro check!

Well that's because the LOA 27, old or new, only lets you decline a junior manning event, not an extension.

Will, you ought to know me well enough by now to know I'm not serious about much at all on here. Sit back, take a deep breath and relax.

Neither am I. But I thought you might be in that case. Breathing and relaxing. Carry on.

:beer:

as far as bidding for the days off, I didn't get to bid. I came over to the 700 in Nov. and had a line built for me in Dec. They also gave me the minimum days off ( 10 because they say 12 doesn't start until next month) Now they won't honor the LOA 27. As far as 50 or 500 pilots turning them in, They shouldn't have f#@$ed up and had to give us one. LOA 27 is supposed to be punishment for the company for not doing what they're supposed to. Some punishment when you can only use it when it's convenient for them. I have 1 leg home on Christmas day, so I asked PD if I get extended can I use my rejected LOA 27 to deny the extension? His answer: I'm not sure what they will say! Thank GOD ALPA got a chunk of my puny retro check!

You don't look good. I think you're getting sick.

Anal Glaucoma has been going around.....

Latest resources

Back