Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OpsCheckGood

ASA Throttle Monkey
Turned in a letter 27 for Christmas off. Day off of my choice right? DENIED! Called a chief, he said he had an envelope of about 50 letters screw scheduling hung onto for a while and then sent back. Scheduling Union guru PD said the company has the right to run the ship? Well, they shouldn't have screwed up to have to give out LOA27's in the first place. I've used them before for Christmas and never had a problem. Actually, I've never heard of one being denied EVER!
Thoughts?

Turned in a letter 27 for Christmas off. Day off of my choice right? DENIED! Called a chief, he said he had an envelope of about 50 letters screw scheduling hung onto for a while and then sent back. Scheduling Union guru PD said the company has the right to run the ship? Well, they shouldn't have screwed up to have to give out LOA27's in the first place. I've used them before for Christmas and never had a problem. Actually, I've never heard of one being denied EVER!
Thoughts?
My first thought would be; you should have bid for Christmas day off rather than count on scheduling to grant everyone with a LOA 27 the day off.

My thoughts are opposite.

27 allows you to take off whatever day you want. That makes me sick and it should make you sick as well.

that makes my sinuses hurt, and now my ear is partially blocked!!

Guru?

Scheduling Guru? PD may run the sched comm., but he is good for very little. I would definitely file a grievance-I am not aware of any exceptions to the LOA 27 stuff. They owe you a day off.

PD is one of those guys who will come down on the company side a lot. He is trying to pull a ND and wants to get into mgmt. As for PD as a pilot-holy crap! Have you ever flown with him? WOW! talk about every bad habit from CRM all rolled into one convenient retarded person! That guy is a danger to everyone in aviation!

When did you turn it in? They're first come first serve, and scheduling is only required to approve two on the same day over a holiday for your seat and equipment. I sent mine in last month and got them approved.

Show me in the contract that it is first come first serve, also where it says only two LOA 27's per day. It is in the new contract but I dont see in the old contract. The old contract is still ruling when it comes to this. I had mine denied today too, I submitted it on Dec. 4th for a day off on the 26th....DENIED LOW COVERAGE....BS!

Latest resources

Back