• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

ASA leather jackets

viper548

Total Time
Where do you guys get the cloth nametags for your leather jacket?

ILS8L

Total Time
10K+
Perrone

Call Perrone, they'll have it to you in a couple of days.

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
They'll even make you a pair of 5-stripe epaulets in case you fly the CRJ-900 Heavy!!!!!!!!

SEVEN

Total Time
Where do you guys get the cloth nametags for your leather jacket?

Are you flying an A10? Please for the love of God don't do it! Son, your egos writing checks your body can't cash!

WWEfan

One List
Total Time
39 yrs
Are you flying an A10? Please for the love of God don't do it! Son, your egos writing checks your body can't cash!

Same engines....does that count?

zawillif

Total Time
Brought this thread back up because I'm in the market for one of these bad boys. For years I've refused because I don't think they look very professional. Now that I'm up in IAD and 90% of our flights overnight in the great north country I'm thinking twice. I've checked Crew Outfitters online and can't find anything. Anyone know where to find them?

zawillif

Total Time
Ok after more digging I've found Perrone and Oxford. But I can't find the "ASA" jacket for either of them, anyone got a link or anything? Also does anyone have any preferences between brands?

Freebrd

Total Time
hey contact one of our Mekong bros, makey reel cheep GI, you likey name tag, can do easy, last looooong time, make you #1 pilot, get you bar girl too :beer: ,love you loooong time

ASABound

Total Time
Call Perrone Leather and tell them you are an ASA guy/gal. they will get you set up/sized with the company approved jacket. I dont think that they will sell you just the nametag. They know that guys are trying to do that and buy the POS from Sporty's. You will enjoy your jacket, I have had mine 8 years now. Its still in great shape!! Take Care.

Cpt Oveur

I had the fish for dinner
Total Time
time?
Ok after more digging I've found Perrone and Oxford. But I can't find the "ASA" jacket for either of them, anyone got a link or anything? Also does anyone have any preferences between brands?

See the ladies in the Chief's office. They have the order form there. They also have jackets for you to try on, there are differences between the two...

Flybywire44

Flies With The Hat On
Total Time
I've got one in great shape I'll sell used. Large sized jacket with a tailored waist. PM for deets.

COOPERVANE

Member since 1967
Total Time
<8000
Yeah, my 56 Xtra long looks good on me.......

I don't like the leather look either, but it is the most functional. You don't look like a trenchcoated perve on the overnights. You just look like a velcro-wearin' ice man wannabe.

COOPERVANE

Member since 1967
Total Time
<8000
Chicks dig the blank velcro square.

The type of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me.

zawillif

Total Time
See the ladies in the Chief's office. They have the order form there. They also have jackets for you to try on, there are differences between the two...

By ladies in the chiefs office I'm assuming you mean ATL, where I plan never to return except when they make me for training. But thanks for the info.

zawillif

Total Time
I don't like the leather look either, but it is the most functional. You don't look like a trenchcoated perve on the overnights. You just look like a velcro-wearin' ice man wannabe.

Yeah, it's choosing the lesser of two evils at this point.

Last edited: