• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA June lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On a similar note, I have flown with FO's who haven't even set up their 401K accounts yet. FREE MONEY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

That's because they need that money for food...

By the way I just saw an ASA CA, it could have been Delta on an escalartor at ATL. he had a sid opened up and was reviewing it. Come on dude, in the terminal, on an escalaor in front of everyone else?? I was so embarrassed for him, he looked like a bus driver unsure of the route.

Another advantage of lot 3!!

Well, yes. Do you have a wife and kids? Only my opinion, but what are you spending the money on? Beer? Cars?

If you are in your early to mid 20's, and not attached to things that take your resources; like kids and family, you will be far better off later in life if you start putting some money away now instead of waiting until your 30's.

I am learning this the hard way. I am kicking myself for not understanding the concept of 'compound interest' Trust me on this...

I got it set at 5% right now. Student loans almost paid back. Once that happens I'm bumping the 401k up to 15% maybe even 20%

I got it set at 5% right now. Student loans almost paid back. Once that happens I'm bumping the 401k up to 15% maybe even 20%

I'm not telling you what to do, but if you bump it up to 6% you'll get more of a company match and you probably won't notice the difference...

Not sure what the matching chart says, but at least get the full amount the company will match. Depending on what other types of debt you may have (credit card, loans, etc) I would take the difference from the company match and the 15-20% you are talking about and pay that stuff off.

Needless to say, it sounds like 777 has his head in the right direction.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back