• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA June lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pay isn't everything...it's a lot, but it's not everything. i'd like to have a good life away from the job myself

That's why having a line is 100x's better. Set schedule, more days off, more pay, no ready reserve.

Pay isn't everything, but $2200 Take home on the 15th is alot better than $1100 take home. That's over $12,000 difference after a year. One reserve pilot making 37k with 11 days off a month and triple the gas costs of a lineholder FO making around 50K with 12-15 days off.

Last edited:
That's why having a line is 100x's better. Set schedule, more days off, more pay, no ready reserve.

Pay isn't everything, but $2200 Take home on the 15th is alot better than $1100 take home. That's over $12,000 difference after a year. One reserve pilot making 37k with 11 days off a month and triple the gas costs of a lineholder FO making around 50K with 12-15 days off.

You are the buttplug of the seniority list there is no way you are making 50K. You'd have to credit 115hrs a month to make that much on your pay rate. Maybe once in a while, shut your piehole and listen to people who have been around a bit longer and know what's going on.

Last edited:
You are the buttplug of the seniority list there is no way you are making 50K. You'd have to credit 115hrs a month to make that much on your pay rate. Maybe once in a while, shut your piehole and listen to people who have been around a bit longer and know what's going on.

P&H, you have little to no reading comprehension skills whatsoever. I don't know where you went to school but you need to get your money back if you gathered that I said I was making 50k. Geez.......

P&H, you have little to no reading comprehension skills whatsoever. I don't know where you went to school but you need to get your money back if you gathered that I said I was making 50k. Geez.......

Score check!

777Forever - 1
PositionandHold - 0

You'll have to excuse me, I usually just roughly skim everything you write in order to avoid the bulk of the crap in your posts. Either way, my point still stands. Even your average lineholding FO can't make 50K except in extreme circumstances.

Last edited:
P&H

Not true, I made about 62k as a reserve 700 capt. This year I'll make about 57k. It ain't that hard, I admit I'm at work a little more than I want, but 50 seems like a breeze.

P&H

Not true, I made about 62k as a reserve 700 capt. This year I'll make about 57k. It ain't that hard, I admit I'm at work a little more than I want, but 50 seems like a breeze.

You're going to have to clue me in on the details of that one. The most senior 700FO earns 45/hr.

Let's say you consistently flew 110 hours a month. That comes to $59,400. Let's figure per-diem, I'll give you $300.00/mo, generous. Then yes, this scenario would be true. But few people credit 110/mo 12 months out of the year. NOT with the trips we have today. Can't speak for 5 years ago.

Tell me what I'm missing.. I'd love to make double what I make now.

You're going to have to clue me in on the details of that one. The most senior 700FO earns 45/hr.

Let's say you consistently flew 110 hours a month. That comes to $59,400. Let's figure per-diem, I'll give you $300.00/mo, generous. Then yes, this scenario would be true. But few people credit 110/mo 12 months out of the year. NOT with the trips we have today. Can't speak for 5 years ago.

Tell me what I'm missing.. I'd love to make double what I make now.

6th year FO back in the right seat on the 700....

through 4/30 paycheck total gross $20,530 - works out to $61590 for the year

through 5/15 paycheck total gross $24,370 - roughly $64,900 for the year

Averaging 101.9 hrs of credit per month. I get roughly $425 per month in per diem. I have already had 2 training events and 1 vacation period this year. Usually have 13-14 days off per month.

$60,000- $65000 is definitely feasible.

6th year FO back in the right seat on the 700....

through 4/30 paycheck total gross $20,530 - works out to $61590 for the year

through 5/15 paycheck total gross $24,370 - roughly $64,900 for the year

Averaging 101.9 hrs of credit per month. I get roughly $425 per month in per diem. I have already had 2 training events and 1 vacation period this year. Usually have 13-14 days off per month.

$60,000- $65000 is definitely feasible.

I never dreamed of crediting that much consistently. That's not bad. If you're senior enough to be able to pick up trips it could work.

Latest resources

Back