• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I sent a fax to ASA. Also they will be at the Air Inc in ATL on the 12-14. That would be the best place to give you resume. I know one of the recruiters and sent her a email. She sent me the paper work 2 days later. I sent it back Fed Ex the next day. That same day they recieved it, I got a call for an interview.
But like I said you should go to the Airfair conference to get noticed. How many hours do you have and MEL?

talkin to me?

900+ multi. 1000+ turbine, 800 multi turbine. all the multi turbine single pilot with no FO <we got an stc to do it> gets busy shutting one down at 17k
im good for it. i just need to get my stuff out there.

whats the best way to get it to ASA then and whats the appropriate fax/email #/addy?

i need that 121 step in there to go pro eventually.

C141FE said:
How is commuting with ASA? I know MEM would be easy going to ATL. Would you know the upgrade time to capt?

Terry

Commuting is difficult anywhere, but probable better here than at most places. You of course have Delta pass benefits you can use on all Delta, Delta Connection and Skyteam airlines. You also have the jumpseat on Delta, ASA, Comair, ACA and possibly Skywest. However, we have no contractual protections if you can not make it to work. They will fire pilots who no show.

Upgrade to Capt all depends on ASA growth which is tied to ALPA's scope policies that we debate with intensity on the other part of this board. Right now the ATR went down to two years and five months. The RJ is over five years in ATL and around three in Dallas. There has not been a E120 class recently for ATL.

Upgrade times are very dynamic and almost unpredictable. Just a few months ago it was impossible to upgrade with less than five years seniority. However, ALPA lost their force majure grievance and we are keeping the E120's for the short term, meaning new Captains are being trained for the RJ's as they are delivered.

When scope is re-applied the T-Props will disappear very fast and those Captains will migrate over to the RJ's, meaning no upgrades for the rest of us.

So watch those scope debates to learn about ASA's future. As a junior pilot there is no issue that affects your pay and schedule more than growth.

Best Regards,
~~~^~~~

Latest resources

Back