ASA Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Toad4

I am currently filling out the app for ASA. I would like some more info from those already or previously there though.

1. Where can I live? Do I have to move from FWA?

2. What are the pay scales for 1st and 2nd yr FO's and say 5th yr Capt. and Max Capt. pay?

3. What are the benies like?

4. What is a realistic schedule? (on/off)

5. Are people there happy?

6. How is Delta (mainline) doing? (Loose the big one and the little guys suffer)

7. What is the current state of the contract?

8. What is a new hire likely to start in?

9. Is 2800 TT, 775 multi w/ 650 jet (sic) competitive w/o college?

10. What is the interview process like?

Thanks to everyone and I look forward to your replies!

1. Where can I live? Do I have to move from FWA?
You can live anywhere, but we don't have a commuter policy (yet), and it's probably not recommended in the 1st year (while you're on probation).

2. What are the pay scales for 1st and 2nd yr FO's and say 5th yr Capt. and Max Capt. pay?
CRJ/ATR = $19.02 first year, $33.65 the 2nd; 5 yr Capt $61.29
E-120 = $19.02/$26.62; $48.49

3. What are the benies like?
Mediocre - not bad, but not great either

4. What is a realistic schedule? (on/off)
Depends what base/aircraft. 1st year, plan on 10 days off/month, whether reserve or line holder.

5. Are people there happy?
Yes, overall. Like all pilots, everybody bit@hes about something.

6. How is Delta (mainline) doing? (Loose the big one and the little guys suffer)
I'll let the mainline guys answer that one - but they're not happy about our expansion.

7. What is the current state of the contract?
Amendable in Sept.

8. What is a new hire likely to start in?
Any of the aircraft, luck of the draw.

9. Is 2800 TT, 775 multi w/ 650 jet (sic) competitive w/o college?
Probably - but you usually need someone to walk it in these days.

10. What is the interview process like?
That could take a lot of explaining, and it may have changed since I did it, maybe someone who interviewed recently could tell you?

Good luck!

I have another question, what is ASA's pay during training, and do they pay for hotel during training (seems to be a trend to run your new employee into bankruptcy lately)

A friend of mine who interviewed told me they pay your gaurantee, per diem, and single occupancy hotel room. New hires pick up food, but per diem should cover that.

You're paid 75hr guarantee, hotel, and $1.50/hr per diem. Generally, those assigned to DFW domicile will get 24x7 per diem (ends up more than your guarantee - nice!), while ATL will get 8x5 per diem, but this seems to change from class to class.

New hires train in either domicile regardless of their assigned domicile. It depends mostly on instructor and simulator availability. I was assigned the emb-120 in ATL, but I did all of my sim and flight training out in Dallas and Dallas outstations.

I am extremely fortunate to have an interview coming up soon, has anyone interviewed recently who would like to shed some light on the process? Also, how many pilots does ASA have? Thanks!

exeagle
Congrats! I have interviewed as recently as 6/27/02. I posted my experience at aviation interviews.com. check it out, it has 4 to 5 more recent posts for ASA(all good). It is a free site. Get back to me if you have any more questions.

Latest resources

Back