• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

ASA Info

Toad4

Total Time
I am currently filling out the app for ASA. I would like some more info from those already or previously there though.

1. Where can I live? Do I have to move from FWA?

2. What are the pay scales for 1st and 2nd yr FO's and say 5th yr Capt. and Max Capt. pay?

3. What are the benies like?

4. What is a realistic schedule? (on/off)

5. Are people there happy?

6. How is Delta (mainline) doing? (Loose the big one and the little guys suffer)

7. What is the current state of the contract?

8. What is a new hire likely to start in?

9. Is 2800 TT, 775 multi w/ 650 jet (sic) competitive w/o college?

10. What is the interview process like?

Thanks to everyone and I look forward to your replies!

RJFlyer

Wastin' time...
Total Time
a few
1. Where can I live? Do I have to move from FWA?
You can live anywhere, but we don't have a commuter policy (yet), and it's probably not recommended in the 1st year (while you're on probation).

2. What are the pay scales for 1st and 2nd yr FO's and say 5th yr Capt. and Max Capt. pay?
CRJ/ATR = $19.02 first year, $33.65 the 2nd; 5 yr Capt $61.29
E-120 = $19.02/$26.62; $48.49

3. What are the benies like?
Mediocre - not bad, but not great either

4. What is a realistic schedule? (on/off)
Depends what base/aircraft. 1st year, plan on 10 days off/month, whether reserve or line holder.

5. Are people there happy?
Yes, overall. Like all pilots, everybody bit@hes about something.

6. How is Delta (mainline) doing? (Loose the big one and the little guys suffer)
I'll let the mainline guys answer that one - but they're not happy about our expansion.

7. What is the current state of the contract?
Amendable in Sept.

8. What is a new hire likely to start in?
Any of the aircraft, luck of the draw.

9. Is 2800 TT, 775 multi w/ 650 jet (sic) competitive w/o college?
Probably - but you usually need someone to walk it in these days.

10. What is the interview process like?
That could take a lot of explaining, and it may have changed since I did it, maybe someone who interviewed recently could tell you?

Good luck!

rgnlwannabe

Total Time
1600+
I have another question, what is ASA's pay during training, and do they pay for hotel during training (seems to be a trend to run your new employee into bankruptcy lately)

PositiveRate

Refugee
Total Time
8000+
A friend of mine who interviewed told me they pay your gaurantee, per diem, and single occupancy hotel room. New hires pick up food, but per diem should cover that.

RJFlyer

Wastin' time...
Total Time
a few
You're paid 75hr guarantee, hotel, and $1.50/hr per diem. Generally, those assigned to DFW domicile will get 24x7 per diem (ends up more than your guarantee - nice!), while ATL will get 8x5 per diem, but this seems to change from class to class.

exeagle

Total Time
Do all new hires train in Atl or do dfw based nhires train in dfw?

AutoTransfer

Total Time
New hires train in either domicile regardless of their assigned domicile. It depends mostly on instructor and simulator availability. I was assigned the emb-120 in ATL, but I did all of my sim and flight training out in Dallas and Dallas outstations.

exeagle

Total Time
I am extremely fortunate to have an interview coming up soon, has anyone interviewed recently who would like to shed some light on the process? Also, how many pilots does ASA have? Thanks!

Jetpig

Total Time
exeagle
Congrats! I have interviewed as recently as 6/27/02. I posted my experience at aviation interviews.com. check it out, it has 4 to 5 more recent posts for ASA(all good). It is a free site. Get back to me if you have any more questions.

stb

Total Time
1000+
During initial class at ASA, how is seniority put into order?
DOB, last 4 digits of SS# of something else?

Thanks

AutoTransfer

Total Time
DOB. Oldest gets the lowest number and so on.