Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pool

Hay Rodgers,
Hang in there, I have been trying to get an interview with them also. From what i gathered from Captain Loretta Boyd is that they should be done with the pool pretty fast here and then they will start to interview in summer. So if you have done your finger printing its all good..It should'nt be long for you. Because I was told hear back from them in April or May. Good Luck.

I'll throw in my two cents as well.....V.P. of Flight Ops said Tuesday morning that the march class of 20 was the last for a while. Later that day the Senior V.P. said tha there may be a May class of about 20. He then went on to explain that the pool only has 30 to 40 left in it and any additional hiring now would be for classes in Oct or Nov. Projections to 2005 call for 161 CRJ's (200&700) and 19 ATR's....2000 pilots. Currently about 70 CRJ's, 30-40 E-120's, 19 ATR's and 1445 pilots. :eek:

Beer&Brauts,

Hiring at ASA is like the weather in Chicago. Give it 15 minutes and it will surely change.

I think the uncertainty is due to the Delta grievance concerning the violation of the scope clause under force majuer. The decision on this is due the first week of April. After that you will probably see a more defintive answer concerning manpower.

Tell your friend to go ahead and apply and make some contacts in the hiring office. As far as I can tell we are still short of FO's on the jet. Captains are continuing to be junior manned on the right seat.

ASA Class

Hey guys I just got out of class not to long ago. I heard rumors that ASA may have a class in May. Their goal is to get all the pilots from our pool and get them started with class. It may also be that ASA may have start interviews as early as this Summer. Presently, ASA is training the pilots who are transitioning from the E-120 to CRJ. That is probably the main reason they are not having any more classes for a while. Again all rumors. it can change by the minute. All you guys that are still in the pool, hang in there!!! Regarding the Delta Pilots furloughs, they will have to be interviewed by ASA and they are not keeping their old seniority numbers. ASA wants to keep their pilots not lose them when the Delta calls them back.

ASA Class

Hey guys I just got out of class not to long ago. I heard rumors that ASA may have a class in May. Their goal is to get all the pilots from our pool and get them started with class. It may also be that ASA may have start interviews as early as this Summer. Presently, ASA is training the pilots who are transitioning from the E-120 to CRJ. That is probably the main reason they are not having any more classes for a while. Again all rumors. it can change by the minute. All you guys that are still in the pool, hang in there!!! Regarding the Delta Pilots furloughs, they will have to be interviewed by ASA and they are not keeping their old seniority numbers. ASA wants to keep their pilots not lose them when Delta calls them back.

CRJDRYVER

ASA Class

Hey guys I just got out of class not to long ago. I heard rumors that ASA may have a class in May. Their goal is to get all the pilots from our pool and get them started with class. It may also be that ASA may have start interviews as early as this Summer. Presently, ASA is training the pilots who are transitioning from the E-120 to CRJ. That is probably the main reason they are not having any more classes for a while. Again all rumors. it can change by the minute. All you guys that are still in the pool, hang in there!!! Regarding the Delta Pilots furloughs, they will have to be interviewed by ASA and they are not keeping their old seniority numbers. ASA wants to keep their pilots not lose them when Delta calls them back.

Latest resources

Back