• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Hiring???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have never explained how ASA and Comair can obtain scope without being able to negotiate with Delta.

ALPA has clearly warned your MEC they will be placed into recievership if they dare try to engage Delta in scope negotiations. Why do you think ALPA would change their position if somehow there was a merger? Comair and ASA's MECs have requested represenation to our employer in writing on numerous occasions and ALPA has refused these representational requests. It is not Delta that is blocking your MEC, it is your own union, got it?

Besides, there is a better case for "operational integration" between Delta and ASA, or Comair than ASA and Comair. Delta controls the marketing, schedules, ticket stock, operational control and all financial functions of the Corporations. This can not be said of ASA's relationship with Comair, or vice versa.

An ASA and Comair merger may happen because management decides it is cost effective. It would not mean much to us, in much the same way that bringing together the "regionals" did nothing for American Eagle.

I apologize for my frustration, but the history of these matters is clear. Nothing in that history reflects that the RJDC effort is anti scope - you know the opposite is true.

Your constant flaming on this board, as well as the ALPA board, is tiring. Why don't you do something useful with your energy like committee work? A little committee work might help you get in touch with reality.

~~~^~~~

Last edited:
Using a guys name on the board as a means of political retribution.

That's kind of a dick.

~~~^~~~ said:
Your constant flaming on this board, as well as the ALPA board, is tiring. Why don't you do something useful with your energy like committee work? A little committee work might help you get in touch with reality.

~~~^~~~

Um, you obviously have me confused with somebody else as I never post on the ALPA board and very rarely post on the ASA board. Nevertheless, I'll stand behind my previous comments. I don't think the RJDC and it's lawsuit is good for ASA, Comair, Delta, or the industry as a whole. Having said that, I am going to go do something entertaining with my Friday night....

Some excerpts from RJDefense.com:

"ALPA's use of job security, known as "scope" provisions in airline contracts, has long since transcended its traditional role and evolved into a remote control device by which major airline pilots control aircraft they don't fly by inhibiting small airliners from operating freely in the marketplace. This is clearly a convoluted restraint of free trade scenario and constitutes a major violation of the union's obligation to represent the interests of the union pilots who depend upon the RJ for their livelihoods. As such, we believe that ALPA is vulnerable to a legal challenge."

Free market? I have one word for you - MESA!

To me, this paragraph sounds like no scope.

On we go... RJDC lawsuit seeks to prevent ALPA from:

"5) Negotiating, facilitating, or advocating, or assisting others in negotiating, facilitating, or advocating, the use of scope clauses in collective bargaining agreements in such manner as to exercise control over the flying of pilots for a carrier other than the one for which the collective bargaining agreement is being negotiated."

Fins... define SCOPE.

RJDC IS anti-scope. It's right there black on white. If you think RJDC is not anti-scope, I have some ocean-front property outside of Phoenix I want to sell ya.

Last edited:
Ahhhh, but lest you forget young Skywalker:

Good Scope Includes, Bad Scope Excludes"

or so the mantra goes.

TIC

heheheh... right.. if it includes Dan Ford, it's good, if it excludes it's bad.

I've seen the b.s. on ALPA boards.

Poolies

Just curious of how large the pool is right now. When I interviewed the end of last year I was with several furloughed TWA/AA and US Air guys. I am sure that with AirTran, ATA and jetBlue hiring, several of these folks have stopped treading water.:cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back