ASA Hiring???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sept prelims . .

When the Sept prelims come out, could some of the ASA folks on this board let us know how it looks?

Thanks

sep prelims

Capt CR2 DFW 6vacancies
Fo CR2 ATL 5 vacancies
Fo CR7 DFW 2 vacancies

No reductions

Hopefully something will happen for you guys in the pool soon.

emb retraining . . .

Thanks exeagle! I meant to also ask, if there is any info on the EMB retrainees, are they all through class? And are they already assigned a slot? In other words, are these vacancies in the Sept prelims to be filled by them, or are they potentially for new hires? Any info is appreciated by us poolies, who are in need of CPR on a regular basis.

The last of the E120 pilots will begin RJ training in September. I don't think we'll see new hires until next year. We're going to be severely overstaffed on the RJ, so it'll take a while for the deliveries to catch up with the staffing. Obviously, things could change if we get some more RJ's. There are plenty of rumors floating around, so who knows. I'm sure you'll hear it here if things change. Good luck.

Could we take the ACA RJ order??

I would like to see ASA take some of the ACA RJ's! Keep those classes rolling! I don't know if you saw the news, but it looks like ACA does not want to take about 32 or 33 airplanes that it had on order from Bombardier.

If we are so overstaffed on the CR7 in ATL, then why do I keep getting drafted? How much flying are you reserve CR7 and CR2 pilots doing?

I would think that ASA would like to get some more RJs, I understand that the problem is that we can't get the financing to buy more.

I did hear a good rumor from a management person the other day that DAL is looking at buying Chit-taco. Wouldn't that be fun.

Sleepy,

I'm pretty suprised that you're getting drafted on the CR7 in ATL. Looking at next month, there are 18 reserves for 40 lines...I'd hardly say that is under-staffed. If anything it's just another fine job by our good friends in Crew Scheduling. Also, please notice that I said we're GOING to be severely overstaffed when the E120 pilots get out of training. We've only got a few more airplanes coming this year, but we're still pumping out 20 CRJ pilots every 2 weeks. It's not rocket science to figure out that we'll be overstaffed. Last I checked, we'll have 236 CRJ FO's in DFW where there is only 115 lines.

As far as ASA not being able to get financing, I don't buy it. We're one of the strongest regionals, and we're aligned with one of the strongest majors. I'd say if ASA can't get financing, there would be a lot of other companies out there that would be losing deliveries.

Finally, the only place I've heard about DAL buying CHQ is on this board...hardly a solid rumor. Right now Delta is worried about the upcoming debt payments in 04 and 05, the last thing they would do is buy another regional (not to mention one with labor problems). I won't even touch the fact that CHQ is part of Wexford....that's above my pay scale.

I still think ASA's best chance for future growth would be to take over the ACA flying in CVG. SKW is too busy with a massive UAL expansion (and some CAL flying), and CHQ has their hands full with current DAL and US growth.

My understanding to the financing deal is that Bomb. wanted to change the financing program, and ASA/Delta felt strongly enough in their position, that they held.

I'm sitting reserve on the CR7 and averaging about 12 hrs a month. Surprised reserve doesn't go senior with the CR7 folks who live in domicile.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back