• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA hats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Public opinion? I am using what FedEx MEC Chair DW said (We got out pilots hats and we got a the best contract) as my basis for public opinion.

If this is true why did it take so long for FEDEX pilots to get a contract? Under your reasoning day after first info picketing a contract should have been signed. Didn't happen. Try another reason.

Did it take FedEx so long to get a contract? What are your expectations? Are they true?

Again... HOW to get a good career seems to be a foreign concept to too many pilots. Getting hired at a career carrier isn't the end. It is only the beginning...

Rez O. Lewshun;1180151 Did it take FedEx so long to get a contract? What are your expectations? Are they true?[/quote said:
Here, I'll use your logic a little more. If you buy a hat you get a good contract, but if you wear a hat all the time you get a concessionary contract. Is that how the industry works? It's so simple.... if you're really that naive.

I hereby make motion to grant Rez the award of, "Single Handedly Keeping A Thread Alive Way Past The Point Which It Should Have Died."

All in favor............

Here, I'll use your logic a little more. If you buy a hat you get a good contract, but if you wear a hat all the time you get a concessionary contract. Is that how the industry works? It's so simple.... if you're really that naive.

Not sure.... SWA uses pilot hats in thier TV ads to sell tickets...

Beyond the hat? OK? Like how?

Prater? What do you hope in Prater?

I am wondering you guys really understanding how this career works. Sure you want the pay and work rules but when the HOW is explain to you, it's like trying to get a teenager to do his homework....

you misquoted me, Rez. if you're going to argue at least do it correctly.

what do I hope for in Prater? a guy that doesn't dress up every day as a politician. i have always seen Prater as a pilot first and a defender of his constituency. i have witnessed Prater's leadership directly. i believe in the guy. i lost a lot of faith in the current ALPA leadership. cry all you want...but Woerth did nothing to inspire me.

we disagree Rez. deal with it. you don't always win.

you misquoted me, Rez. if you're going to argue at least do it correctly.

Not my intention. Plz explain so I can get back on track.

what do I hope for in Prater? a guy that doesn't dress up every day as a politician. i have always seen Prater as a pilot first and a defender of his constituency. i have witnessed Prater's leadership directly. i believe in the guy. i lost a lot of faith in the current ALPA leadership. cry all you want...but Woerth did nothing to inspire me.

I agree and disagree with you. A politician? Any guy who asks for votes is a politician. He has to convince guys to vote for him. Prater did that. Prater is a politician.. and if he wants to be successful in DC he will be every bit the politican. Prater was a pilot and is now a politician. The ALPA Prez is a politician who understands pilots.

Not sure why ALPA pilots don't realize this. Politics and legislation has everything to do with your career.

The current ALPA leadership.....did a poor job remaining connected with the membership, but DW was an excellent politcian and did a good job for us. He just failed to show the membership.

BTW Prater had a hat on his website photos.

we disagree Rez. deal with it. you don't always win.

If I disagree that means I don't win? Recall, I am just pointing out that SWA uses hats in their commericals, the FedEx MEC used hats to get THE BEST CONTRACT. Prater had a hat on his website. So how is that me?

It is not about me..rather us.. and our ability to defend the profession

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back