ASA guys, find out the real story

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can think of one reason why we should be paid:

BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU FOLKS HAVE ALREADY FREELY AGREED TO.

I'm quite sure you can't possibly expect us to believe that product of vacation low is a surprise to you?

They did agree to it and they are paying us for it now. We are now negotiating a new contract and everything is back on the table. That's what happens when you negotiate a new contract. I'm fine with having the option to pick either pay or time off.

It's not a big deal, but then management will file Ch. 11 for the ExpressJet side (not SkyWest), and you'll end up with a much worse contract in bankruptcy. It wouldn't even be that much of a sham bankruptcy either, since we are losing money for many quarters now.

Staying separate is not a viable plan, no matter how you spin it.

I guess you didn't listen to the earnings call. ExpressJet was cash flow positive for the first quarter. In any case, I'm ok of they shut the doors tomorrow. I suggest you get a plan B and C so you are not so beholden to this company and willing to sell us all out.

Didn't say you would (or we would) agree to it. Saying thats what they WANT, and they are about to cry poor - and jam Pinnacle, Comair, etc. at us. they don't like our vacation low, and they like your add pay less. Of course we all like it, and I sincerely doubt they would be able to wrestle it away. I have heard the MEC's are going down the 'meet in the middle' route of pick the pay, or the days off. (Or I imagine they will want to drop the concept of virtual credits.)

Meet in the middle? I'll believe it when I see the CRJ MEC move from their position of flightline or nothing. Meeting in the middle would be settling for smartpref with 5 hours of credit per vacation day. By the way, add pay doesn't really cost the company. I don't know where that misconception comes from. The company is salivating to bid on flying regardless of PNCL, CMR, EGL. In fact, it's some of their flying they want to bid on. We have the leverage there, not them!

I'm fine with choosing either the time off or the pay, but not both. Why should we get full pay for extending one week to 3 or 4 weeks of anyway. Just decide which one you want. Max time off with a pay hit or min time off with full pay. Thats probably the only way we get to keep the vacation low.

That's the status quo on the ERJ side.

Last edited:
I guess you didn't listen to the earnings call. ExpressJet was cash flow positive for the first quarter. In any case, I'm ok of they shut the doors tomorrow. I suggest you get a plan B and C so you are not so beholden to this company and willing to sell us all out.

Nice attitude. You don't speak for everyone. Nothing prevents you from leaving. I suggest you get a plan B and C. Many don't agree with you.

Nice attitude. You don't speak for everyone. Nothing prevents you from leaving. I suggest you get a plan B and C. Many don't agree with you.

Thanks. The fact is that without you having a plan B and C, you give them leverage and sell everyone one out. I don't give a rats a$$ if you or anyone else don't agree with me. Trust me, I'll leave on my own terms one way or another, because I have a plan B and C.

Thanks. The fact is that without you having a plan B and C, you give them leverage and sell everyone one out. I don't give a rats a$$ if you or anyone else don't agree with me. Trust me, I'll leave on my own terms one way or another, because I have a plan B and C.

Don't let the door hit you in the backside.

Well dayum. That kinda makes everything else shrink into irrelevancy.

Latest resources

Back