• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Getting 8 CRJ700, and Keeping 8 Additional

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly my belief....and fear. While they make this announcement like some glimmer of great news, ASA will see no upgrades whatsoever last year or next, while Skywest will probably have 200-300 or maybe more!
If (and its a big IF) we get finished with our contract early in 2007, I think you'll be surprised how quickly ASA will grow and how many upgrades will come with additional RJs

Refusing aircraft is not something an individual pilot should make. It is something the union as a whole should make, and the lack of leadership in all of ALPA is once again showing its effects.

Just for the record, the first two are supposed to go into service in mid Jan. out of CVG. The last week of Jan. will be a little late. I think they are coming here.

Oh boy oh boy! Mr "drivel" is back with all his wisdom! You and the rest (ohPluss,Irish,Superpoopy,JoeMerchant etc) are really coming outa the woods now that Lynn and John have been defeated mightily! Ya'll crack me up! Can't stay away too long can you?

ASA Will Grow in 2007!
The SKY Is Not Falling!

If (and its a big IF) we get finished with our contract early in 2007, I think you'll be surprised how quickly ASA will grow and how many upgrades will come with additional RJs

It'll get done, and the growth will start once again! The sky is not falling!

But We'll STRIKE ASA If It Doesn't Get Done!

Let me guess since ASA got the comair flying its ok because ASA is Alpa?

If I were skywest pilots I would be pretty angry and Jerry because of this. Especially because they were promised more growth and ASA had done nothing but spit in Skywests Face.

It's okay because ASA has a viable -700 payrate that is more than that SkyWest fake override B.S.

Skywest wasn't initially created to screw over an existing airline.

Keyword there is INITIALLY

Skaff,

As a former SkyWest pilot, one that undoubtedly worked at SkyWest much longer than you have and would have helped to contribute much more to buying ASA, I'm telling you that you don't have a clue about what you're talking about. Who is to say what would have happened to ASA if SKyWest hadn't bought them? Its all a big game played by management and you (SkyWest and ASA) are the pawns. Your brothers at ASA are your best bet to securing favorable pay increases and schedules and you should stand with them, not rip them apart with posts that drip utter stupidity as yours did.

I rest my rant.

This guy seems to get it.

This goes to show there is no loyalty anywhere in this industry. It is definitely ME first whether you're at ASA, CMR, or SkyW.

You would know this firsthand, working for CAL and all.

Last edited:
Refusing aircraft is not something an individual pilot should make. It is something the union as a whole should make, and the lack of leadership in all of ALPA is once again showing its effects.

Yes, and then ALPA gets nailed in federal court and loses. It would be a slam dunk case.

Then if the union still endorses the refusal of aircraft, the MEC officers would go to jail and the individual pilots would be terminated with no recourse to get their job back.

I'm not saying it's right, but in the current climate of management-friendly courts this is exactly what would happen.

It'll get done, and the growth will start once again! The sky is not falling!

But We'll STRIKE ASA If It Doesn't Get Done!
yes. It will get done. But the emphasis was on EARLY 2007. Thats where I have doubt. I've never had doubt about the future of ASA and no we will not strike. period. count on that.

It's okay because ASA has a viable -700 payrate that is more than that SkyWest fake override B.S.

and yet SkyWest pilots make much more overall. why do you think that is?

The CMR guys didn't care about how their concessions would affect our negotiations at ASA, so why should we care if we get some of their 70s? Sorry, but I am happy about the growth. I still remember the CMR sticker we got just before they stabbed us in the back.

Nobody at Comair was happy about giving any sort of concession. In case you are not aware, Comair is still operating with the highest paying contract in the regional industry with the exception of Horizon. We signed off on the two year pay freeze in order to accomplish one of two goals:

1. To allow other DCI carriers to "catch up" with what the pilot group accomplished during their 2001 strike since NO other carrier has been able to match it since then.

2. To gain some "Brand X scope" through the fleet guarantee of 199 jets and the associated job protections that it would provide.

Did "Fast Freddy" play us for a collective bunch of fools? Maybe. We have gone from 174 jets to 122 and who knows how many more we will lose through this whole bull$hit RFP process. All I CAN tell you is that we were trying in earnest to PROTECT COMAIR JOBS which is our number one priority and I'm personally sick and tired of the rest of you b1tching and moaning about it. Get a f#cking contract and then we'll talk.

KAK

Wasn't here for strike #1 but I'm ready for strike #2. Bring it on!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back