• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA future with Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know if we paid $5.00/hr we could keep labor costs even lower and have all the shiny 900s we want!!

Hey, you're right.

The obvious right thing to do is to just negotiate the absolute highest wage for everyone that we possibly can.

Nevermind the potential to price ourselves right out of our jobs.

Hey, you're right.

The obvious right thing to do is to just negotiate the absolute highest wage for everyone that we possibly can.

Nevermind the potential to price ourselves right out of our jobs.

It's hard to convince the die hard union hardliners.....The union will save them!

So you guys really believe that a two dollar per hour difference between us and some other dci carrier makes us that much more expensive? Hell, skywest makes the same if not more than us in total compensation. Please explain how it's the pilot groups pay that makes us so much more expensive. What's the point of working if you can't make a living?

So you guys really believe that a two dollar per hour difference between us and some other dci carrier makes us that much more expensive? Hell, skywest makes the same if not more than us in total compensation. Please explain how it's the pilot groups pay that makes us so much more expensive. What's the point of working if you can't make a living?

At risk of sounding like a union hater, I'll toss this one out there...

One thing the SkyWest management does not have to contend with with is the cost of dealing with a union. Grievance processes can be expensive and drawn out. Instead the union chooses to defend the indefensible (360 on the arrival?) and cost the company more money that could be going to the shareholders or to lower costs to make it more attractive to other potential customers.

Only if you neglect to consider that had his side won, our total labor costs would be lower...resulting in the need for fewer furloughs.

Labor costs have as much to do with the longevity of the pilot group as the pay rate. The "Jackson 5" winning would not have changed the longevity of pilots one bit.

Why do you think SkyWest is a cheaper operator than ASA? It's not the payrates, they're almost identical. SkyWest is a much more junior airline, and there's nothing ASA can do to fix that other than grow, which isn't an option now.

At risk of sounding like a union hater, I'll toss this one out there...

One thing the SkyWest management does not have to contend with with is the cost of dealing with a union. Grievance processes can be expensive and drawn out. Instead the union chooses to defend the indefensible (360 on the arrival?) and cost the company more money that could be going to the shareholders or to lower costs to make it more attractive to other potential customers.

PM me your address. I have a Skywest application I will mail to you.

It's hard to convince the die hard union hardliners.....The union will save them!

Maybe you should run for office, and if elected (don't think so), shirk your duties and never participate in protest, like that other guy did once from the RJDC. :puke:

Maybe you should run for office, and if elected (don't think so), shirk your duties and never participate in protest, like that other guy did once from the RJDC. :puke:

Actually there is a group trying to recruit me to run....The RJDC is to this day, protecting us more than our own MEC.....

You are a smart guy....why you continue to cling to the current way of doing things and the current way we are represented is beyond me....

Latest resources

Back