• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Future..Furlough, New 900's, etc

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sweptback, I'm not sure what you were referring to in the above post so forgive me if I misinterpreted it. Scott Hall's memo about voluntary furloughs went out on Dec. 23rd. On Dec. 29th, the 900's were announced coming to ASA.

We're talking about two different things.

You should go down to Spencers gift shop, and get one of those magic eight balls, and shake it really heard while chanting, "ACEY ACEY ACEY ACEY."

By the way...... scuttlebutt? What is this, pirates of the dirty south?

You forgot to add------>MESA SUCKS!

I find it interesting that they only offered 3 of the 1/2 COMA lines. Does not sound like they are doing all they can to avoid furloughs.

14RF SUX

All I know is that on the 200 captain side today there are 13 people on the list and 1 guy is listed twice on there. All of them are working. That's good for us to show we are needed, but it has been busy.

All I know is that on the 200 captain side today there are 13 people on the list and 1 guy is listed twice on there. All of them are working. That's good for us to show we are needed, but it has been busy.

Crazy. It's amazing how somedays there can be 50+ people on the list then another day there is only 1 person available to be called (1900 napper)! I'm guessing that the low coverage is due to them thinning the lines out. Can't imagine us displacing any captains. Seems like we are going to be real short (near term) when they move some people over to the 70/90 here in a couple months.

Not sure why the low coverage, but there do seem to be a lot of maintenance repos lately and tons of reroutes..I know my pairing got modified about 16 times my last trip. Sometimes I think they make problems worse by moving us all off our trips. The performance numbers have not been that good lately. I noticed they had to cancel a LEX turn today due to lack of crew.

Not sure why the low coverage, but there do seem to be a lot of maintenance repos lately and tons of reroutes..I know my pairing got modified about 16 times my last trip. Sometimes I think they make problems worse by moving us all off our trips. The performance numbers have not been that good lately. I noticed they had to cancel a LEX turn today due to lack of crew.

Then there is an obvious need to furlough......
Just ask the Comair guys.

Latest resources

Back