ASA Future..Furlough, New 900's, etc

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enuffalready

ok.. since the last thread got highjacked and became a PBS thread, i wanted to get back to the ASA questions. As an 8 year guy with no desire to go to major has anyone heard of projections for next 12-18 months. Are we still going to furlough? any word on more 900's? just curious what the scuttlebutt is around the lounge.

You should go down to Spencers gift shop, and get one of those magic eight balls, and shake it really heard while chanting, "ACEY ACEY ACEY ACEY."

By the way...... scuttlebutt? What is this, pirates of the dirty south?

No one really knows. It depends on how many take the voluntary furlough by the 5th. Atfer that they urn final staffing numbers and will let us know whats going on.

Are we overstaffed on FOs only? Or Captains and FOs?

Where are JP and JM's 'sources' on whether notices went out Friday and what the current plans are?

The Voluntary furlough didn't offer many benefits and wasn't real attractive. I don't expect there will be many takers for that.

The Extended COMA at least retains benefits and longevity so there might be more people on that list.

As it always is on Flightinfo, their "sources" were full of it :smash:

Things change rapidly. Something that is written in stone at 8 AM is different at noon... So, they probably were not full of crap until the 900s were announced, then things changed.

Things change rapidly. Something that is written in stone at 8 AM is different at noon... So, they probably were not full of crap until the 900s were announced, then things changed.

Except they were posting it after the 900s were announced...

Except they were posting it after the 900s were announced...

Sweptback, I'm not sure what you were referring to in the above post so forgive me if I misinterpreted it. Scott Hall's memo about voluntary furloughs went out on Dec. 23rd. On Dec. 29th, the 900's were announced coming to ASA.

Trojan

No one really knows. It depends on how many take the voluntary furlough by the 5th. Atfer that they urn final staffing numbers and will let us know whats going on.

Are we overstaffed on FOs only? Or Captains and FOs?

I think it's closer to understaffed on the Captain side.

Latest resources

Back