• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Key West - 1
Stifler's Mom - 0

If anybody receives a new 10-9 page with a lower elevation listed as the change, you can thank me. :0

We dont go in there but--- something tells me that is a spot and speed kinda landing... There is not a lot of room for finesse on a 4800 foot long runway... thats extremely short for an RJ (or any J)

I would drive it on too.

We dont go in there but--- something tells me that is a spot and speed kinda landing... There is not a lot of room for finesse on a 4800 foot long runway... thats extremely short for an RJ (or any J)

I would drive it on too

The RJ85 can do it with room to spare with minimal effort

It can be done there with no problem. I believe the CR7 only needs about 3000' to land. That airport is more of a mental problem than anything else. Just looks real short when your used to 9000' runways. Until recently it was a Captains only takeoff and landing airport which leads to more of the head game.

No big deal, just thought it was amusing since my crew gave me hell for it.

I agree that it's probably just an optical issue. I've flown the CR2 in there about a dozen times and it just looks impossible on short final @ 135 knots. But each time we had room to spare and had to let up on the brakes in order to roll to the end. Sure is a lot of fun though. Actually, takeoff is even more exciting. I find myself watching that Vr speed creep up so slowly as the runway end keeps getting closer and closer.

We all have lousy landings every now and then. Happens to the best of the best. Better luck next time!
PS. Isn't it funny how people judge the *whole* flight based on the landing?

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Try taking off & landing at Walker's Cay, Bahamas (MYAW) in a 402. 2,500 feet and not a foot longer because the ocean is on both sides with bull sharks at both ends also :)

Thank you Univ. of Miami for setting up a feeding station there to study sharks:laugh:

but yes, in a jet going out of key west is challenging also :) happy landings all

Walkers is always fun!!! Land east, stand on the brakes, up the little hill, hard right and there you are, parking on the boat launching ramp!!!

Latest resources

Back