• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA FO's Landing in EYW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been away from work for awhile. When did they raise the restriction on FO's landing down there!?!?!?

ATR-DRIVR said:
Walkers is always fun!!! Land east, stand on the brakes, up the little hill, hard right and there you are, parking on the boat launching ramp!!!

I always hated landing 27 since it was sort of down slope :)

however, walkers was one of my fav. places to fly into. Beautiful!

EMB170Pilot said:
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Try taking off & landing at Walker's Cay, Bahamas (MYAW) in a 402. 2,500 feet and not a foot longer because the ocean is on both sides with bull sharks at both ends also :)

Thank you Univ. of Miami for setting up a feeding station there to study sharks:laugh:

but yes, in a jet going out of key west is challenging also :) happy landings all

I used to go into Walkers three times a week a few years back. Fun place isn't it.

IFlyFL410 said:
I've been away from work for awhile. When did they raise the restriction on FO's landing down there!?!?!?

Last Jepp revision.....never told a soul, of course, you just had to figure it out yourself. The new -10 pages for KEYW state that the takeoff and landing are at the captain's discretion. It no longer states that it is a "captain only" manuever.

LTG

Stifler's Mom said:
Key West - 1
Stifler's Mom - 0

If anybody receives a new 10-9 page with a lower elevation listed as the change, you can thank me. :0

Absolutely brilliant!

AvroGuy said:
The RJ85 can do it with room to spare with minimal effort

Whatever:rolleyes:

And the DHC-8 can make the midfield turnoff. And the DHC-7 could probably land across the runway with a tailwind. A DHC-6 on floats wouldn't need the airport at all.

Nu

NuGuy said:
Whatever:rolleyes:

And the DHC-8 can make the midfield turnoff. And the DHC-7 could probably land across the runway with a tailwind. A DHC-6 on floats wouldn't need the airport at all.

Nu

hell, a -6 could land in mallory square

The RJ85 can do it with room to spare with minimal effort

Back when ASA got BAe146's (~1997) some senior captains went to the director of flight ops, the Great Brain himself, Bubba Shanahan,and suggested that we go direct ATL-EYW.

His response was that it was impossible, because we couldn't back it up with an ATR if the jet broke....

Latest resources

Back