ASA flight cancellations

BigShow

Total Time
10 yrs
I know we have staffing issues on the 200, but the same thing is happening on the ATR as well. I have 30 hours of cancellation already this month and they just called me and cancelled my first round trip of a 4 day. I haven't flown an entire 4day trip this month. Anyone have info on this?

ohplease!

Total Time
10K+
weren't you guys just complaining about working too hard and getting paid too little? Its the co.'s way of giving you a little break AND some money you didn't have to drive an airplane to earn.....:rolleyes:

Palerider957

Total Time
1<
Oh please: I imagine you crossing an ASA picket line, with a cup of hot coffee in your hand.

ohplease!

Total Time
10K+
Palerider957 said:
Oh please: I imagine you crossing an ASA picket line, with a cup of hot coffee in your hand.
F'n moron! notice the sarcasim, idiot.

Palerider957

Total Time
1<
ohplease! said:
F'n moron! notice the sarcasim, idiot.
Ah yes, living "the vision."

bailout

Total Time
Are they cancelling them, or "downgrading" them to RJs? I know its cancelled on your schedule, but just wondering about the swaps.

CF34-3B1

Total Time
you weren't supposed to go to AGS by chance were you?

Mmmmmm Burritos

Where mah dogs at?
Total Time
Lies!!
I guess there's been a few ATR's with a deferred pack and one with a pack with really low output that pilots have been refusing to fly in the heat. I don't blame them. I heard someone talking about it'll cost $10,000 to replace and the company doesnt want to spend the money on it since it still technically "works".

We're canceling 5-10 flights a day due to lack of crew... mostly RJ's because we are short on captains. And that is on a good weather day!

Palerider957

Total Time
1<
Once again a glowing example of a no-talent management, with the completely uninspired workforce.

If the serious mistakes and incompetance of management didn't impact the pilots QOL, all this would be hilarious.

Palerider957

Total Time
1<
I wonder what lies they are telling DAL to excuse the poor ASA product??

Willy21

Don't ask
Total Time
We are not just short on captains we are short FO's. I was talking with an I.P. that said part of the slow upgrade is the fact that they can't replace those FO's switching seats. Look at the Line awards for Aug.

ATR: -7CA
CRJ: -33CA, -32 FO
CR7: -2CA
SLC: -6CA, -3FO

L.Skywalker

Total Time
few
Well dammit, bring me on!

Total Flight Time 1500hrs
Multi-Engine Time 210hrs
Total Instrument 150hrs
Turbine PIC 325hrs

Whadoigottado? blow somebody??

atrdriver

Living in Paradise
Total Time
5000+
And they can't get enough trained because we are losing instructors right and left. 1+ months between training and IOE. What a system.

BigShow

Total Time
10 yrs
The Cancellations are not downgrades. I know we have one down for the passenger door which is projected to be out of service for a few more weeks. Then we have the one with pack problems. Hell, with 1/6 of our fleet of ATR's down, I am sure they have to cancell several flights a day.

k_EAT=ho_ME

Closet User...shhhh!
Total Time
~2300
L.Skywalker said:
Whadoigottado? blow somebody??
Not sure it'll do you any good, but if you're offering...

L.Skywalker

Total Time
few
The aformentioned was a question, not an offer, denoted by the "??" at the end of the sentence.

k_EAT=ho_ME said:
Not sure it'll do you any good, but if you're offering...

No Delay

Total Time
4000+
The sad thing is...I have a buddy in scheduling who meets the mins...has about 500 hours multi, was awarded employee excellence award...but they will not hire him because he has 3 speeding tickets.

Looks like the could overlook a speeding ticket if they are hurting that bad....

Tim47SIP

Serving for the USofA
Total Time
Oops

Looks like the could overlook a speeding ticket if they are hurting that bad....

Ah, NO! Sorry.
One yes, three no.

FL000

Total Time
I can't even remember how many I had when I got hired. It was more than 3, less than 10. I had to go outside the box they provided. According to our BI rep, same went for most of my class.

I'm proud to say I haven't had any since.