• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA flight benefits?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A buddy told me he was on the ASA crew bus one day a couple years ago when everyone was bitching about our new annual fees and loss in priority.

Suddenly an overweight dude in a golf shirt stood up and proclaimed

"We have the best benefits in the industry!! Anywhere you want to go... ASA goes there. And you can use S2's!! I helped negotiate our pass benefits and I'm tired of hearing all the complaints" Somebody politely pointed out that ASA currently does not fly to Paris or Barcelona. To which he said "Well, who the hell wants to go there? NOT ME!!"

Everyone on the bus was mortified. There was a collective..... WHAT!!!!?.....

The guy also said the first offer from Delta was literally NO benefits at all. They worked from there, and he was proud to get what he did.

"Overweight dude in a golf shirt" could describe half our reps. So could many descriptors involving learning disabilities.

Yes you get travel companions. I think its 6 per year. They ride on a lower priority, so that's one area I "would" advise caution. If the companion doesn't understand the standby system, they could be in for a long trip. If they are travelling with you, it's ok. If it YOUR personal companion in lieu of marriage, they get unlimited domestic, etc.

As for UAL benefits, you can choose to get those too. It's another annual fee and the priority is similar. I think there is a small mileage fee with them, but not sure. I don't use them very much.

This is wrong. A travel companion rides as the same priority as a spouse which is the same priority as the employee. S3 on ASA - S3C on DAL

As an ASA pilot, do we board SKYW flights in front of Delta pass riders, or how does it work?

No. My understanding is that we share the same priority as DL people on SkyWest operated flights.

We're not part of SkyWest Airlines...just SkyWest Inc. SkyWest Airlines wants nothing to do with us.

UAL is similar. $200 annual fee and you only pay extra for segments in first class. The Int'l fees are 2X as much as DAL in my experience.

I just reactivated my "bennies" for another year. $211.

Latest resources

Back