ASA Flica to go away?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NO, NO, NO PBS at ASA!!!! :angryfire

All we have to do is look at PBS; there is no contractual requirement that we agree to go with PBS.

I've heard NOTHING good about PBS. In a nutshell, PBS delivers more efficiencies (fewer required pilots) to management in exchange for making the most senior pilots' lives better.

PBS: Bad for the vast majority of the pilot group.
Actually if you're Jr and do smart bidding it works great. I'm senior in my seat so it still works great

Don't worry....

What ever the new system is, it has to have all the same functions as Flica. Read the new contract, section 26. General i believe.

I'm happy with PBS. Even being junior in a base I've been able to get days off for my kids b-day, school funtions, etc that might not have been possible with hard lines. Last year my daughter's christmas program was on Dec 18. No problem getting that day off with PBS, but under the old system I wouldn't have been able to because it fell on the same day of the week as christmas.

NO, NO, NO PBS at ASA!!!! :angryfire

All we have to do is look at PBS; there is no contractual requirement that we agree to go with PBS.

I've heard NOTHING good about PBS. In a nutshell, PBS delivers more efficiencies (fewer required pilots) to management in exchange for making the most senior pilots' lives better.

PBS: Bad for the vast majority of the pilot group.

I'm senior, and PBS still sucks!

We're getting SkedPlusPlus starting on September 1st. I wonder if they will let us to straight trip drops into open time like Skywest has. I don't think our contract prohibits it.

Latest resources

Back