• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

ASA Flica to go away?

USCtrojan

Banned
KolobWestwind
Total Time
Mucho
Anybody know anything about this? How are we going to bid?

SkyWest has had the technology. I'm sure they've done their test runs to make sure first. I figured they'd give us at least a months notice, this is rather sudden. I don't know the numbers offhand, but I was told Flica was costing the Company $30K a month. It's a smart move, but another learning process too!

Trojan

irija

Total Time
>1hour
Basically, I think our system of ourASA (Skywest's intranet) will be molded to take care of EVERYTHING just how SkyWest utilizes their system. If you have a whole department of IT guys handling the system and controlling one platform, it streamlines the company and its employees. I'm just surprised that it took this long to implement it.

Kezwick

Total Time
I guess the $7.95 charge per month flica membership charge would go away as well?....hopefully

SpyFlysDOTs

Fight Info
Total Time
lots
Lets hope you don't have to use our PBS...if both companies use the same program, we may not know what our schedule is for the following month TILL the following month!

CFI2766

Total Time
Lets hope you don't have to use our PBS...if both companies use the same program, we may not know what our schedule is for the following month TILL the following month!

NO, NO, NO PBS at ASA!!!! :angryfire

All we have to do is look at PBS; there is no contractual requirement that we agree to go with PBS.

I've heard NOTHING good about PBS. In a nutshell, PBS delivers more efficiencies (fewer required pilots) to management in exchange for making the most senior pilots' lives better.

PBS: Bad for the vast majority of the pilot group.

samballs

Total Time

All we have to do is look at PBS; there is no contractual requirement that we agree to go with PBS.

I've heard NOTHING good about PBS. In a nutshell, PBS delivers more efficiencies (fewer required pilots) to management in exchange for making the most senior pilots' lives better.

Actually if you're Jr and do smart bidding it works great. I'm senior in my seat so it still works great

ASACAPT

Total Time
Don't worry....

What ever the new system is, it has to have all the same functions as Flica. Read the new contract, section 26. General i believe.

viper548

Total Time
I'm happy with PBS. Even being junior in a base I've been able to get days off for my kids b-day, school funtions, etc that might not have been possible with hard lines. Last year my daughter's christmas program was on Dec 18. No problem getting that day off with PBS, but under the old system I wouldn't have been able to because it fell on the same day of the week as christmas.

Gr82Aviate

Total Time

I'm senior, and PBS still sucks!

SiuDude

Internet tough guy
Total Time
Why
We're getting SkedPlusPlus starting on September 1st. I wonder if they will let us to straight trip drops into open time like Skywest has. I don't think our contract prohibits it.

viper548

Total Time
We're getting SkedPlusPlus starting on September 1st. I wonder if they will let us to straight trip drops into open time like Skywest has. I don't think our contract prohibits it.
Have fun with the F5 key