• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Flica to go away?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anybody know anything about this? How are we going to bid?

SkyWest has had the technology. I'm sure they've done their test runs to make sure first. I figured they'd give us at least a months notice, this is rather sudden. I don't know the numbers offhand, but I was told Flica was costing the Company $30K a month. It's a smart move, but another learning process too!

Trojan

Basically, I think our system of ourASA (Skywest's intranet) will be molded to take care of EVERYTHING just how SkyWest utilizes their system. If you have a whole department of IT guys handling the system and controlling one platform, it streamlines the company and its employees. I'm just surprised that it took this long to implement it.

Lets hope you don't have to use our PBS...if both companies use the same program, we may not know what our schedule is for the following month TILL the following month!

Lets hope you don't have to use our PBS...if both companies use the same program, we may not know what our schedule is for the following month TILL the following month!

NO, NO, NO PBS at ASA!!!! :angryfire

All we have to do is look at PBS; there is no contractual requirement that we agree to go with PBS.

I've heard NOTHING good about PBS. In a nutshell, PBS delivers more efficiencies (fewer required pilots) to management in exchange for making the most senior pilots' lives better.

PBS: Bad for the vast majority of the pilot group.

Latest resources

Back