• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Employees JS!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The first time one of them opens his/her mouth in a non-operational way during a critical phase of flight, a RIF goes to the company, a phone call to the FAA, a call to the FAA whistleblower hotline - and the entire program goes down in flames.

Does that include your FO? I have hardly ever ridden in a cockpit where the sterile cockpit wasn't violated.

According to page 3-1.2 of the FOM the captain does not have authority over the jumpseat except for safety or an emergency. In our negotiations, one of the things working against us is the perception of us from other employee groups, and rightly so. Use this program as an opportunity to inform your fellow employees about the truth in our contract fight and to try to gain some support. They've bee misled about us by the company and this is a chance to get some support from them.

Your catching up to me - only 123 to go.

You get the last word, I'm outahere for the weekend - off to Florida for a Buffett concert. You have the controls.....

And here's another one for you, "Joey".

I'm sure you're aware that your idol, Jimmy Buffett, retired his Albatross "The Hemisphere Dancer" (your avatar) in 2003. His new ride is a Falcon 900B seen here: http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1069311&r=y

You idol is no longer the fun loving musician, "running grass", and trying to make a living in the bars of Key West. He's a multimillionaire CEO of an empire built on his name and image. You can't walk into a store without seeing something with the name "Margaritaville" on it.

Sad fact is, the Jimmy Buffett we all know and love (and some of us were actually old enough and there to witness in Key West in the 60 and 70s) is a true Wizard of Oz. Behind all the stories is really an extremely wealthy corporate tycoon who crosses the globe in a jet flown by someone he pays. The good old days we are all remember in his songs are over, gone.

How does this pertain to anything we've been discussing?

Your vision of what ASA and ALPA should be are old and dusty. They've been built in your mind by stories from your lady, of people and events that took place long before you arrived, and much of it you never witnessed firsthand.

I've known you since your arrival here. LJ has known me since mine. Your idea of working with management and helping the company grow died when Skip Barnette took over. The days of George and John died when Delta bought us. Back in the G & J days, pilots were hated, but we were respected as an instrument of making money. We helped them and they helped us. That's all gone.

Now, times have changed. Much like Jimmy's empire, the business world is run by cold calculating bean counters who worship the almighty dollar and see every decision as a zero sum game. Labor is a commodity and workers are replaceable. We cannot reason with people like this, we can only force them to give us what we can get while we can get it, using whatever leverage we have. They will continue to raid the company, then move on to their next victim.

Our only leverage in our fight for fair treatment is our resolve and our threat to disrupt their profit flow. Your statements on this forum, and other public venues, work to undermine that leverage, and this is why you are such a pariah.

I only hope that you will one day wake up, sober up, and take a long hard look at the person who sculpts most of your world view. She is a very narrow sighted, bitter, and washed up person who has used you to keep herself in the game. She's been using you ever since you two began your adulterous relationship, yet you fail to see it. You have become a joke. The fifty something man trapped in the body of an angry thirty something. You could have so much potential if you would just give up the LJ school of union management and get on board with the current leadership. LJ's days of running anything are past. Even ASA failed to make her promised management position materialize after she lost the election. You need to look to the future and join your fellow pilots, not continue this guerilla crusade against the union you are a member of, and your fellowpilots, because of what you've been told by your significant other about events you never witnessed firsthand.

Just like your idol Jimmy has done, it's time to retire the past and get with the present. It's all about the $$$, not the spirit. What do you say Joey? Will you join us, the unified pilots of ASA, or will you continue to be a wacko fringe player living in a past of 10+ years ago and spending your days arguing minority viewpoints on the internet? I hope you'll wake up and realize that you've wasted almost 10 years of your life with nothing to show for it. Wake up and get with the program.

What's wrong, Joey, cat got your tongue? You get lost stumbling home from the concert?

Best part of all this?? Those rampers and whoever else will be allowed to ride your cockpit jumpseat regularly bypass security while the flight crews that will be flying the airplane must go through security. It's so ridiculous.

Just like your idol Jimmy has done, it's time to retire the past and get with the present. It's all about the $$$, not the spirit. What do you say Joey? Will you join us, the unified pilots of ASA, or will you continue to be a wacko fringe player living in a past of 10+ years ago and spending your days arguing minority viewpoints on the internet? I hope you'll wake up and realize that you've wasted almost 10 years of your life with nothing to show for it. Wake up and get with the program.

WOW..........great post.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back