ASA Electronic Strike Ballot is Here!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bizjet said:
And for her it won't matter as retirement is just around the corner and you can continue the crusade for another 20 years.

Damn, she that old Biz? Thought Johnny was still a youngster.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

JoeMerchant said:
:beer: .The problem is I am not, and will never be a "politician". I am "damaged goods" because I say what is on my mind and that isn't the "political" thing to do.

No, Johnny, you are damaged goods because you failed to do the job you were elected for. You can speak your mind all you want, but when you turned your back on those that put you in office YOU committed political suicide.

MELIT said:
Good deal. I hope ASA shuts down. There should be some cheap houses in ATL soon. Thanks ladies!

MELIT looking forward to the open houses. I think i will relocate as soon as they all get canned. How ya been?

shamrock said:
If my only choices are to participate in the continual slide of this "career" by capitulating to the Company or to go down fighting, I'll choose to go down fighting, even if it doesn't make a difference.

So someone else will replace me. So what. They can have the job if the slide continues because this career is getting to the point that it just isn't worth it anymore. My identity isn't so wrapped up in flying a not so shiny jet around that I will accept a concessionary contract from a profitable Company. If making that choice spells the end of ASA then so be it.

Is that the best a national union has to offer? We can't stop the competition amongst members, we can just have some fall on their swords. Doesn't sound like we are getting our monies worth. Is their no way for a national union the size of ALPA to prevent members from competing with each other for the same brand? If ALPA can't do better, it needs to be replaced.

WWEfan said:
No, Johnny, you are damaged goods because you failed to do the job you were elected for. You can speak your mind all you want, but when you turned your back on those that put you in office YOU committed political suicide.

ALPA has failed to do the job we pay them to do. There is no leadership in ALPA - only politicians. The ASA and CMR MECs used to be the execption. Sadly they have become like all other MECs and ALPA national. I will never endorce a failed strategy. RJDC has done more to protect the ASA pilots than ALPA has. It's amazing that people are so willing to follow ALPA off the cliff.

JoeMerchant said:
Bizjet, first there won't be a strike. The NMB won't allow it right now regardless of how the vote comes out. An ASA strike would kill Delta and Washington DC isn't going to allow that to happen. If you don't understand that, then you really don't understand the RLA and Washington DC.

Joe. If you believe that then why did you vote no? A divided vote takes the effectiveness of our efforts down to zero.

Sounds like you not only made an ignorant decision in voting no, your decision was wrong with your own understanding and prediction of the process.

FishandFly said:
Joe. If you believe that then why did you vote no? A divided vote takes the effectiveness of our efforts down to zero.

Sounds like you not only made an ignorant decision in voting no, your decision was wrong with your own understanding and prediction of the process.

It doesn't matter what the vote is, I don't believe we would be released because of Delta's financial condition. A strong yes vote will continue the status quo. We will remain parked, we won't change our demands, and Jerry will continue to shift assets to SKYW. That won't help ASA pilots.

Joe - how do you think a vote not to authorize our MEC to call a strike would help us?

This is a very sincere question.

Latest resources

Back