• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA DX contract?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what up buooooyyy..i am not doing any more OT for them..screw them. I will supplement my pay with my MIL pay this year. I am not doing them any favors. I worked 23 freaking days of OT in 2007!!! That almost 13 months of work in 12..hell you only work maybe 20 days in a mnth anyway on 4 on 3 off. I almost puked when I saw my W2's this year. I thought to myself all that freaking extra work I did and I still only made this much!!!!!! They can have it. I should be making time and half already on my normal salary for the crap I do for them and #@$% i put with. i will need to make that much to put something aside to have a decent retirement or i will working till i am 75 or whenever I croak. Whichever comes first..lol Listen to me getting all worked up..i almost forgot that already have one foot out the door anyway!!! Hey you can have my OT and my straight time too...haha

that's vey true not much you can do when no one wants the OT.. however...when we sit next to the managers and can see them not calling ...that's when I get pissy....and to answer the other reply... yes we can be jr assigned but no one will answer the call on that one....lol...
from what I hear now is that if all the ppl who were selected for the sector managers position take it then dispatch will be just about back to where we were last year and will have to cover off time ( vacation and holidays ) with OT.. I am here to tell ya I will take all I can get...mmm I wander what our new contract will look like...

I worked 23 freaking days of OT in 2007!!! That almost 13 months of work in 12..hell you only work maybe 20 days in a mnth anyway on 4 on 3 off.

Try 62...primarily just covering holes in the sked because I don't have a family to spend time with...so others could have normal off days and spend time with theirs.

62 in dispatch?..or can yall pick up shifts in other depts as well? Either way that is crazy dude..did you puke when you saw your W2's after all that work you put in???

Try 62...primarily just covering holes in the sked because I don't have a family to spend time with...so others could have normal off days and spend time with theirs.

I logged 615 hours of OT in 2007. All dispatch.

There are four of us that work so much overtime that, if we were to stop working it, all hell would break loose.

When I looked at the amount of hours I worked, and then the W2...yeah...it's ridiculous.

I'm a workaholic that came from working the same amount of hours for ramper wages...so it didn't seem so bad. However, it's still not good.

I don't think it's asking too much to be paid commensurate to the responsibility of the job in order to attract decent candidates to this job so few know exists. Especially considering the small footprint in the the grand scheme of the company payroll we respresent.

Oh i agree..and you shouldn't have to give up your entire personal life and log all those hours to make it. Only thing that tells me is, if they are willing to shell out that much money in OT then somebody at the top of ladder isn't hurting for cash. They actually save money in the long run by paying you the OT instead of hiring on more employees which they have to give benefits too..ie insurance costs, 401K, and everything else. So in the long run you are actually doing them a favor by accepting the OT and padding your pockets at the same time. You have to ask yourself, what if I could work my normal 40 hours a week and bring home the same amount in 1 year as you did killing yourself this past year??? Better for you in the long run...then tack some OT on to that higher rate of pay. What would happen if you said "no" to the OT? 62 shifts in one year crazy...there are only 52 weeks in a year already. You gave up one of your off days every week and then some to make what you did..unbelievable. I hope they get you some more money or the OT stays there b/c if it goes away, your lifestyle will take a dramatic step backwards going back to your normal rate of pay. I bet you havent seen a check without OT on all year long huh???

I logged 615 hours of OT in 2007. All dispatch.

There are four of us that work so much overtime that, if we were to stop working it, all hell would break loose.

When I looked at the amount of hours I worked, and then the W2...yeah...it's ridiculous.

I'm a workaholic that came from working the same amount of hours for ramper wages...so it didn't seem so bad. However, it's still not good.

I don't think it's asking too much to be paid commensurate to the responsibility of the job in order to attract decent candidates to this job so few know exists. Especially considering the small footprint in the the grand scheme of the company payroll we respresent.

Oh i agree..and you shouldn't have to give up your entire personal life and log all those hours to make it. Only thing that tells me is, if they are willing to shell out that much money in OT then somebody at the top of ladder isn't hurting for cash. They actually save money in the long run by paying you the OT instead of hiring on more employees which they have to give benefits too..ie insurance costs, 401K, and everything else. So in the long run you are actually doing them a favor by accepting the OT and padding your pockets at the same time. You have to ask yourself, what if I could work my normal 40 hours a week and bring home the same amount in 1 year as you did killing yourself this past year??? Better for you in the long run...then tack some OT on to that higher rate of pay. What would happen if you said "no" to the OT? 62 shifts in one year crazy...there are only 52 weeks in a year already. You gave up one of your off days every week and then some to make what you did..unbelievable. I hope they get you some more money or the OT stays there b/c if it goes away, your lifestyle will take a dramatic step backwards going back to your normal rate of pay. I bet you havent seen a check without OT on all year long huh???

I was working a bunch of 6 day weeks for a while to rack up the 62 days. By choice, I went about a month and a half with no OT... and my QOL did take a dive. I've since had a couple small raises and added a trainer override, so I can reduce the OT a little and keep QOL. But, still...

There's only 4 of us??? That's funny! :rolleyes: My YTD for last year 703.01 hours OT. And I know three with more than my total.

YTD for this year... 158.42 and this is just the beginning of March.

Yes, I do it to myself. It's my own choice. Talk about CRAZY! :nuts: And then again, some of us have no life. :eek: That's why ya gotta travel!!! Anyone up for a Hong Kong trip?

There's only 4 of us??? That's funny! :rolleyes: My YTD for last year 703.01 hours OT. And I know three with more than my total.

YTD for this year... 158.42 and this is just the beginning of March.

Yes, I do it to myself. It's my own choice. Talk about CRAZY! :nuts: And then again, some of us have no life. :eek: That's why ya gotta travel!!! Anyone up for a Hong Kong trip?
I guess I should have thrown in there that there's 4 of us that rotate into the early AM shifts working that much. I know there's quite a few more pulling those kinds of hours.

I'm at 139.72 thus far this year.

I guess I should have thrown in there that there's 4 of us that rotate into the early AM shifts working that much. I know there's quite a few more pulling those kinds of hours.

I'm at 139.72 thus far this year.

Sick Bastards....No wonder we are underpaid and understaffed....Sure would get someones attention if we all quit working O.T.! :) :) :)

Latest resources

Back