• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Dullas day three: It has started

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you're on reserve in ATL why would you be upset about TDYing to IAD? 24 hr per diem and min day credit each day sounds alot better than sitting in ATL and blocking 24hrs a month with min guarantee.

Thats like asking why you mind being junior manned! Or do you like it? I don't.

Hey, you get more hours, per diem, and help the company out. Stop whining.

So your argument is why sit in ATL and get guarantee for flying 24 credit hours? I say why would you want to fly 74.5 hours into the crappiest weather in the country and deal with ORD,IAD,LGA in the United system THEN GET YOUR GUARANTEE? For per diem? Hahahahahahah, thats rich. Get to stay in a hotel room for FREE, thats a treat.

If my QOL is being impacted by bad decisions and incompetence in scheduling I have the RIGHT to be irritated. I prefer to sit reserve in ATL. When I am not being used, I am home. I value that over the pay. By the way, I hit 75-80 hours in ATL most months, not 24.

If you dont mind being TDY to Dulles then volunteer for it. That may be coming in the future.

I am amazed at the responses when someone voices concern or dissatisfaction with the way things are being run. Every time someone complains about being pushed into taking an AC with no APU in the summer, you would expect support. Instead we get "Well, I did it for years at XYZ airline" so that makes you a whiner.

We are not in a college fraternity. Just because you or I had to fly with a broken contract or crappy airplanes with no APU it doesn't mean everybody else should. We make gains at a very slow pace in this industry. Why do YOU exert downward pressure against the gains we have made?

If I was pissed about getting my pay cut by $8/hour would you respond with "Heck I used to make less than that when I flew the shorts"? probably

Thats like asking why you mind being junior manned! Or do you like it? I don't.

Hey, you get more hours, per diem, and help the company out. Stop whining.

So your argument is why sit in ATL and get guarantee for flying 24 credit hours? I say why would you want to fly 74.5 hours into the crappiest weather in the country and deal with ORD,IAD,LGA in the United system THEN GET YOUR GUARANTEE? For per diem? Hahahahahahah, thats rich. Get to stay in a hotel room for FREE, thats a treat.

If my QOL is being impacted by bad decisions and incompetence in scheduling I have the RIGHT to be irritated. I prefer to sit reserve in ATL. When I am not being used, I am home. I value that over the pay. By the way, I hit 75-80 hours in ATL most months, not 24.

If you dont mind being TDY to Dulles then volunteer for it. That may be coming in the future.

I am amazed at the responses when someone voices concern or dissatisfaction with the way things are being run. Every time someone complains about being pushed into taking an AC with no APU in the summer, you would expect support. Instead we get "Well, I did it for years at XYZ airline" so that makes you a whiner.

We are not in a college fraternity. Just because you or I had to fly with a broken contract or crappy airplanes with no APU it doesn't mean everybody else should. We make gains at a very slow pace in this industry. Why do YOU exert downward pressure against the gains we have made?

If I was pissed about getting my pay cut by $8/hour would you respond with "Heck I used to make less than that when I flew the shorts"? probably

You went from being TDY'd, to no APU, to a broken contract, and finally an eight hour pay cut. You are all over the chart brother. I'll back you up on the APU issue everytime; but, the TDY thing is something that you are going to have to deal with yourself. If the company is breaking the contract somehow then that is one thing. If you think we should not be TDY'd at all for some reason, you need to voice that to our MEC for the next contract.

Be sure to read the contract on TDY and be prepared to protect yourself.

If PBS passes, why would Inc put SkyWest in a place where they could grow ASA into the forecast savings? Those guys are already efficient in their planning. ASA isn't. PBS won't save ASA a dime until it either grows or there is turn over. Instead, it will cost them more than it saves. Where would you put the flying? And....... Don't buy the hype about OO vs EV as to who is favored. The only thing favored is who costs the least and where costs can be reduced. If PBS, ASA fits into that category.

Unless ASA has some -700s painted in United colors, SkyWest will be in IAD this summer.

eP.

Unless ASA has some -700s painted in United colors, SkyWest will be in IAD this summer.

eP.

Didn't have any 200's in United livery three months ago. Don't take long to paint a plane and put in new seats. If you guys do go in, don't get too comfortable there. Brad will get you kicked out of there as well.

5 days sitting in a hotel room at Dulles Airport on short call is unreasonable.

If my QOL is being impacted by bad decisions and incompetence in scheduling I have the RIGHT to be irritated.

Unreasonable? Right to be irritated? I didn't realize there were so many women on FI! The company can TDY you, it's in the contract. It's not unreasonable. Go ahead and be 'irritated'. FFS ladies, if you don't like it, move on.

You know what would be worse than all of this? Not having those 60 or so pilot positions (or whatever the number is) and resultant 30 more downgrades.

Unreasonable? Right to be irritated? I didn't realize there were so many women on FI! The company can TDY you, it's in the contract. It's not unreasonable. Go ahead and be 'irritated'. FFS ladies, if you don't like it, move on.
YEAH! Because there are more coorperate brown nosers, "Yes Sir's" and other "How High?" guys like him who wan't your job!

Didn't have any 200's in United livery three months ago. Don't take long to paint a plane and put in new seats. If you guys do go in, don't get too comfortable there. Brad will get you kicked out of there as well.

But you did have 20 spare 200s three months ago.

eP.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back