• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

COOPERVANE

Member since 1967
ASA Dulles day three: It has started

Sorry.... title should read DULLES!!

So, I see that several crews are being TDY'd to IAD.

What's wrong crew scheduling? mis-manage your IAD reserves already?

Only 10 flights operated today. I guess the 30 crew wasn't enough

Robbing Peter to pay Paul on day 3. Fantastic

Sloppy.....very sloppy

Last edited:
The ROA nap was cancelled last nite for crew rest issues. Guess that may be a result of everyone being on 9am short call a having to cover naps. Just guesses though the people in ATL got the big picture in front of them

I suspect most of the IAD pilots commute. Many out of ATL. With all the disruptions in ATL, IAD, and DFW, it wouldn't surprise me if most commuters didn't make it.

Well, that's what happens when you don't pay your newbies more than minimum wage and displace them with a few months notice to one of the most expensive areas in the country.

Didn't I just watch a Frontline show on this? Deja Vu?

So whats wrong with this? Sounds to me like good business. ASA wants to succeed in Dulles to grow their business. We are fat in Atlanta with dozens of guys sitting around doing nothing. Look at the reserve lists. Hardly anybody over 25 hours or so. Why not send a couple up to keep things running smoothly? You bash ASA for this?

Not like this is anything new anyway. I was TDYd to ATL from DFW for a week to fly Brasillas that ASA didn't fly in ATL anymore... Unless they needed to.

Well, that's what happens when you don't pay your newbies more than minimum wage and displace them with a few months notice to one of the most expensive areas in the country.

Didn't I just watch a Frontline show on this? Deja Vu?

What are you talking about? This doesn't even make sense.

What are you talking about? This doesn't even make sense.

And none of our 'newbies' are on first or second year pay. They are on industry leading FO pay, which still sucks, but that was one lame post.

Forced commuting does suck butt though.

Yes... furlough everyone making less than 35K so we can claim a higher average FO pay... *crickets* *crickets*...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back