ASA drunk flight attendant cancels flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"because Im thinking about punching some people"

link on CNN.com to video from the jail house. ~http://www.cbs46.com/news/13896520/detail.html

While it was fun to watch its also very sad ad it pisses me off how the media seems to relish in turning persoanl tradgedy into tonights hot story. I hope she gets some help, theres something else going on here besides having a drink or two.

and yes..I do realize that I'm also spreading the story..atthis point I think CNN already did the damage.

Like I said, it wasn't so much the alcohol as it was the tranquilizers which she allegedly mixed. It will make one appear drunk and obviously not register on the breathalyzer.

And THIS is the level of applicant the compensation attracts. Get used to it, because there are more of them out there. Watch your backs' Captains!

Not to excuse this is any way, but....

Please, let's all recognize that alcoholism is, in fact, a diagnosable disease. I'm not saying, "Let's cut the girl some slack" by any means. However, from the perspective of someone who grew up around alcohol dependency, I would urge everyone to consider the possibility that there may have been more going on here than some nutjob flight attendant who wanted to have a drink or two.

My two cents anyway...

ps. Anyone who feels like making a reply on the order of, "learn to control the urge".... just skip it. With some people it's just not possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Mary_(South_Park)

While it was fun to watch its also very sad ad it pisses me off how the media seems to relish in turning persoanl tradgedy into tonights hot story.

In a small town like Lexington, it'd be dang near impossible to prevent the whole town from buzzing about this. Any media outlet worth its salt would cover the story. HOW they cover it is something you can question, but not the newsworthiness of the incident itself.

Whatever was going on in the FA's world, drinking Jack Daniels and possibly popping something like Xanax DURING A FLIGHT is the wrong way to deal with it. Can you imagine if they'd had an emergency with her like this?

All she had to do was call in sick before getting to the airport. Or before they pushed in ATL.

I think it's fair for the media to take a "Can you believe this?" stance on this story. Between my airline (CMR) and ASA, I'm amazed the citizens of Lexington still buy tickets on DAL.

Last edited:
FAs don't require medicals do they? I wouldn't be surprised if they will now.

What would that matter. I don't think most of the 80 who are wacked out out on Xanax, Wellbutrin, Prozac, and Ambien are going to disclose it on a medical.

I thought thats why they cat fight over the Mexican and Canadian overnights. Easy way way to keep the pill bottle full without the hassle of a perscription.

Self medication seems to be a way of life for most of 'em. They just need to add a module to recurrent on the side-effects of pharmacological experimentation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back