• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA downgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We might be lucky to have 75 hour lines. Who knows what might happen to our MMG?

Could get even uglier.
CT claimed in the town hall meeting, approximately 82 hour average lines for the fall. However, if we lose the 20 aircraft next spring with no replacement flying, then we will be massively overstaffed, and you will be correct.

My July 15th direct deposit just hit my acct. It was $2053 (resv capt, with 75 hrs. credit) Subtract $200 for crash pad = $1853, which equals an FOs mid month check that credits 90 hrs (not necessarily flown, but credit value). My first of the month check as rsv capt is usually $1610. As an FO it will be approx. $1000. Now we are talking $600 difference per month. Aggravation and occasional torment of being on reserve = $601. Now I am ahead.

best Captaining advice
Go ugly early;
Never turn down a hotel room from the company;
Never answer your phone on Christmas;
Always tip your van driver;
Weather is always better avoided than penetrated;
Speaking of penetrated, if you want to retire with any money, keep wife #1;
Speaking of weather -- don't ever push it. Five years from now nobody will remember being pissed at you for being two hours late because of weather. Their families will remember forever if you pushed it and killed their relatives;
Never attend an ALPA or company meeting on a nice weather day off;
You can never get back a Christmas you missed with your young kids if you were stupid enough to go junior;
Ten knots too fast is way better than ten knots too slow;
Never give a flight attendant your phone number;
Never eat Mexican food at a non Mexican restaurant;
Don't brush your teeth in India unless it is with a new toothbrush and beer;
There is not ever a situation in which being on reserve doesn't suck;
Peanuts and black coffee isn't breakfast;
Every airplane, even the 777, feels like crap if you are flying it at 3 a.m.;
Don't poop in the airplane lav -- ever;
Never slip a Boeing 727 to a landing. A 767/757 is OK to slip a little, but never a 727;
If a senior company official ever asks what you really think, don't tell them;
Never drink with a line check airman or the FAA;
Don't trust a Chief Pilot with anything;
Try not to kill anybody or bend any airplanes; and
Deny, deny, deny ...

Been here 5 years, upgraded and bumped back to the right seat last year. I'm still on the 200, and with crediting somewhere around 98 hours a month, I manage to close the gap to nearly 500 bucks a month less as an F/O vs. Captain. Thing is, I have to work my tail off to do it, and I'm not expecting this type of line value going into the fall and winter. I'm fully expecting guarantee only, as should everyone else.

Not to kick dirt in one's face, but we have jobs, no matter what seat--at least for now!

That's what the FO's who got bumped down to fly reserve lines after the first furlough last year said! After a year and a half of captain reserve I kept telling myself to stay optimistic, it has to get better from here right? I thinks it's time for me to start thinking like a pessimist, that way I never build up my hopes!

Latest resources

Back