• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Dispatcher Here

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it was getting rough there for a while..after a couple of years of that crap i bet i could be a nice used car salesman...sometimes you feel like you are a mediator btw the pilot group and the company on running a flight and it all gets taken out on you..the were pretty hard to work with there for a while...hopefully things starting smoothing out.

What is up with you guys doing "Comm. system checks and position checks" over ACARS. I feel like typing back, "Tell the FAA I said hello".

What is up with you guys doing "Comm. system checks and position checks" over ACARS. I feel like typing back, "Tell the FAA I said hello".

The FAA wasn't happy with our success in contacting flights ground to air after they conducted an observation/check (watched over our shoulders in OCC) last month. The result is that your dispatcher might try to contact you during the flight for a "com check".

I appreciate the reply, I was just curious because even as late as last night at approx. 8:30 pm (Sunday). We got one of those messages stating comm check and asking for position on the way back from PIT. I, along with many others, are paranoid that some fed is just looking to bust us ALL. I just did not think they would be there last night, especially on a weekend. So I guess my next ? is, have you all had the feds up there at night and/or a weekend?

Latest resources

Back