• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA December Res Lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our PBS is better than Delta's or Continentals. It's the best PBS system in the industry. The ASA's pilots want to keep their current PBS system. The ASA's pilots don't want to become the next Comair. Your MEC is still living in the past and is very inexperienced. Your MEC is not managing expectations which is a part of leadership.

Why do so many live in fear of becoming "the next Comair"? You work for a publicly traded company that is not owned by Delta. Skw Inc. has to keep your flying, stay profitable, and make it's shareholders happy. They won't negotiate themselves in to a money losing pilot contract no matter how hard we push them to. Delta could do whatever they wanted with Comair. They don't have as much control over Skw/ASA... Stop being afraid. It's affecting your paycheck.

Why do so many live in fear of becoming "the next Comair"? You work for a publicly traded company that is not owned by Delta. Skw Inc. has to keep your flying, stay profitable, and make it's shareholders happy. They won't negotiate themselves in to a money losing pilot contract no matter how hard we push them to. Delta could do whatever they wanted with Comair. They don't have as much control over Skw/ASA... Stop being afraid. It's affecting your paycheck.

That's what lifers do. All their eggs are in one basket at this point.

Many ASA IAD pilots are against PBS also and are telling the erj pilots how the company has messed it up. PBS is history.

Here's one ASA pilot's point of view... I see both sides of the argument.

On the ASA side, I understand that we can't expect mainline pay rates if we want to stay in business long, that's just not realistic. Besides, if you want mainline pay, get your resume' ready because you'll get your chance when retirements start to kick in.

On the ExpressJet side, I don't understand why we as a pilot group can't insist on work rules that don't necessarily cost that much money, they just uphold a decent quality of life. Trust me, if you give Scheduling and Crew Utilization and inch, they will take MORE than a mile. You can count me with the Jetlinkers if the JCBA includes the Swiss Cheese language of our current contract with phrases like "at the Company's discretion" or "the Company will indeavor to..." Been there, done that, don't want another T Shirt.

What it boils down to is getting a realistic TA that allows us to compete for future flying (that's the unfortunate business we're in) but has solid language that gives us a good quality of life and protects us from Schedulers who don't seem to realize that legal doesn't necessarily mean safe, smart or fair.

It's not SKYW I'm concerned about, it's DAL (and UAL) deciding they would rather have cheap than experienced, because they never let the passengers know (we're not allowed to say our name on the PA), and never have to deal with the consequences. (What Continental flight crashed? That was some other tiny airline you've never heard of!)

That being said, I don't care how many concessions we agree to, we'll never be able to compete with any startup airline, especially when the majors don't give a dam about quality or loyalty.

By the way, is anyone perhaps less concerned about saving Delta's precious fuel budget now that they've thrown us under the bus with the Gojets deal? It seems sometimes there are unintended consequences when you kick people who work for you.

Latest resources

Back