• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA December flying is a 15% paycut

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When flying is being reduced a lower average line value could mean more folks actually holding a line versus being on reserve and in some cases prevent furloughs. So it's not all bad. I've heard the same arguments at my carrier. If your contract states a minimum line value that's all you can truly count on. Lines with greater credit values are gravy. It's all a matter of perspective.

70 seater has two extra lines this month. You know who has really bad lines. Comair. They are looking at 30 days off with no pay.
Just out of curiosity is the 50 still going through CVG for ASA in Dec.?

Crash Pad said:
70 seater has two extra lines this month. You know who has really bad lines. Comair. They are looking at 30 days off with no pay.
Just out of curiosity is the 50 still going through CVG for ASA in Dec.?

Yup. And MCO. Mgmt is dumb.

I dont care as much about the line value as i do the type of flying for this month. There has been @ 175 three day trips up until this month, and now there is @50? and about 150 4 days,. SUX...... Looks like im doing naps for Dec.

Phony Marconi said:
I predicted the vise grip was coming:

Average line value 81 hrs vs 90 hrs for September.

Line-for-line days-off DECREASE of approx. 2 days per line.

So, a decrease of about 10% pay spread out over 2 more days of work.

Pick up trips to fly on your days off, and you'll work about 4 days more than you worked in September.....just to keep your pay the same!

And no uproar? You ALPA whimps!

So, do you want the truth on why the lines are that bad or would you like to continue your witless behavior?

I believe the only DL carrier adding is Freedom. They are so overwhelmed with RJs that they signed Freedom up for 30.

don't worry we got the dreaded Dec. lines at SkyW and a sweet update of how we are and going to be paid the same rate up to 99 seats. The logic compared delta and others paying the same for a 757/767. Just goes to show the unwillingness of SkyW managment to deal any aces to anyone but themselves. MORE doom and gloom. Just be happy to have a job and STFU because you get profit sharing.

Merge the two step-children and get a contract.

ASA-SKYW merger = a stable future with some bargaining power.

I'll take a single pay rate. CR7 pay rate for everybody.

701EV

Latest resources

Back