• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

ASA December flying is a 15% paycut

Phony Marconi

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Posts
92
Total Time
dunno?
I predicted the vise grip was coming:

Average line value 81 hrs vs 90 hrs for September.

Line-for-line days-off DECREASE of approx. 2 days per line.

So, a decrease of about 10% pay spread out over 2 more days of work.

Pick up trips to fly on your days off, and you'll work about 4 days more than you worked in September.....just to keep your pay the same!

And no uproar? You ALPA whimps!
 
Last edited:

michael707767

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Posts
1,640
Total Time
13,500
same thing happened here at Delta. My ALV went from 82 in November to 72 in December. Sucks.
 

Phony Marconi

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Posts
92
Total Time
dunno?
michael707767 said:
same thing happened here at Delta. My ALV went from 82 in November to 72 in December. Sucks.

I feel for ya, bro'...

My family will spend $50 less per week on groceries at Walmart. Food.

Your family will downsize to the 5-series BMW.
 

Oakum_Boy

supercalifragilistic
Joined
Nov 10, 2003
Posts
2,405
Total Time
24
Phony Marconi said:
I feel for ya, bro'...

My family will spend $50 less per week on groceries at Walmart. Food.

Your family will downsize to the 5-series BMW.


Dumb.
 

michael707767

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Posts
1,640
Total Time
13,500
Phony Marconi said:
I feel for ya, bro'...

My family will spend $50 less per week on groceries at Walmart. Food.

Your family will downsize to the 5-series BMW.


hmm, I'll go tell my wife you said we could get rid of the ten year old Honda and downsize to a BMW. She'll be thrilled. Hey maybe she can quit her job too.
 

flyboy24

Member
Joined
May 19, 2003
Posts
10
Total Time
5000
Dec Schedule

It looks like Willie made our lines by putting all the trips in a blender and spitting them out once again. Nothing like coming in the day before a three day for a round trip. Thank you Willie you may go to another job now.
 

Phony Marconi

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Posts
92
Total Time
dunno?
flyboy24 said:
It looks like Willie made our lines by putting all the trips in a blender and spitting them out once again. Nothing like coming in the day before a three day for a round trip. Thank you Willie you may go to another job now.

Will E. has more power now than ever.

AND the anger to use it in an ugly fashion.


Oh, to have been a fly-on-the-wall during the top-brass meeting at SkyAssA:

"Should we furlough?" "Nah...better idea....promote Willie"
 
Last edited:

amcnd

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Posts
901
Total Time
9000
Dont worry SkyWest lost about 15-20% on the Delta sid for December also.. don't feel so picked on!!!
 

jehtplane

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 25, 2005
Posts
709
Total Time
8500+
Phony Marconi said:
Will E. has more power now than ever.

AND the anger to use it in an ugly fashion.


Oh, to have been a fly-on-the-wall during the top-brass meeting at SkyAssA:

"Should we furlough?" "Nah...better idea....promote Willie"




Uh, the lines have turned to crap every year for the last 8 years during december, nothing new.
 

Dave Benjamin

an over 40 victim of fate
Joined
Jun 12, 2003
Posts
1,040
Total Time
5300+
When flying is being reduced a lower average line value could mean more folks actually holding a line versus being on reserve and in some cases prevent furloughs. So it's not all bad. I've heard the same arguments at my carrier. If your contract states a minimum line value that's all you can truly count on. Lines with greater credit values are gravy. It's all a matter of perspective.
 

Crash Pad

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Posts
1,720
Total Time
40,000
70 seater has two extra lines this month. You know who has really bad lines. Comair. They are looking at 30 days off with no pay.
Just out of curiosity is the 50 still going through CVG for ASA in Dec.?
 

=w=

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 7, 2005
Posts
72
Total Time
2700
Crash Pad said:
70 seater has two extra lines this month. You know who has really bad lines. Comair. They are looking at 30 days off with no pay.
Just out of curiosity is the 50 still going through CVG for ASA in Dec.?

Yup. And MCO. Mgmt is dumb.
 

bailout

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2001
Posts
988
Total Time
3.5
I dont care as much about the line value as i do the type of flying for this month. There has been @ 175 three day trips up until this month, and now there is @50? and about 150 4 days,. SUX...... Looks like im doing naps for Dec.
 

Texx

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 17, 2005
Posts
970
Total Time
20mil
Phony Marconi said:
I predicted the vise grip was coming:

Average line value 81 hrs vs 90 hrs for September.

Line-for-line days-off DECREASE of approx. 2 days per line.

So, a decrease of about 10% pay spread out over 2 more days of work.

Pick up trips to fly on your days off, and you'll work about 4 days more than you worked in September.....just to keep your pay the same!

And no uproar? You ALPA whimps!

So, do you want the truth on why the lines are that bad or would you like to continue your witless behavior?
 

KingAirer

USER
Joined
Nov 27, 2001
Posts
490
Total Time
1000
I believe the only DL carrier adding is Freedom. They are so overwhelmed with RJs that they signed Freedom up for 30.
 
H

Halo_RJdriver

don't worry we got the dreaded Dec. lines at SkyW and a sweet update of how we are and going to be paid the same rate up to 99 seats. The logic compared delta and others paying the same for a 757/767. Just goes to show the unwillingness of SkyW managment to deal any aces to anyone but themselves. MORE doom and gloom. Just be happy to have a job and STFU because you get profit sharing.

Merge the two step-children and get a contract.

ASA-SKYW merger = a stable future with some bargaining power.
 

701EV

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 10, 2002
Posts
760
Total Time
a lot
I'll take a single pay rate. CR7 pay rate for everybody.


701EV
 
Top