ASA...CS To Be A..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Texx

Looks like CS is going to "try" to be an ATR IP.

So is it the cut in pay or him not wanting, or afraid to face the line pilots, to go back to the line?

They need ATR IP's and Chromer will make a good one. He knows the airplane well.

Like CS or not, he IS a fine pilot, and will make a great instructor. I count him as one of my friends, and that's not something that I say about many.

atrdriver said:
..he IS a fine pilot... I count him as one of my friends, and that's not something that I say about many.

Yeah, he and MW "were" friends also....

And as for the "fine pilot", well most FO's say different.

~~~^~~~ said:
They need ATR IP's and Chromer will make a good one. He knows the airplane well.

Interesting... When CS was moved out of the Airport position that he had, working for BL, he asked DB if there was a position in Flight Ops. DB told SY to find him a position. SY said he needs to check out on an airplane first. So CS "begins" ATR class. After about a week he goes back to DB. DB allows CS to go into Flt Ops without finishing ATR class.

How does he know the aircraft so well and he hasn't been current since 1999?

So what happens when the ATR's go away. IS CS going to try and be a CRJ IP? That should be fun to watch. I heard MW tried to go back to the training department but he was refused the position.

I fully suspect Chromer's decision to pursue ATR IP is as much a financial one as any other reason. As for his piloting skills, your out of your league in bringing those into question. See long ago before the company poisoned him with all the kool-aid, he was a very good pilot. When he first promoted into the chief pilot's office at the ATL base, he was VERY GOOD; a pilot's pilot. He was famous for his "side bar" technique. In other words, he'd give you the "official" chief pilot answer required by the company, then on a "sidebar", unofficially tell you how to REALLY fix your problem.

With his work ethic, you can bet that once fully trained, he will be a fine IP.

Texx:

That is interesting. A couple of times I refused airplanes and got into debates with maintenance managers. In both cases Chromer got involved. He knew the aircraft's systems well enough to articulate the indication, the probable system discrepancy and back my decision to ASA management. I appreciated his knowledge and the fact that he did go to bat for me.

I would not have flown an airplane with XXXXXXXXXXXX Deleted XXXXXXXXXXX- but it was still nice to have someone on the phone saying "Good job, Captain."

Last edited:
GeekMaster said:
See long ago before the company poisoned him with all the kool-aid..

A true professional would not have compromised his integrity. You blame the Company for his actions. A true professional would have returned to the line.

~~~^~~~ said:
Texx:

That is interesting. A couple of times I refused airplanes and got into debates with maintenance managers. In both cases Chromer got involved. He knew the aircraft's systems well enough to articulate the indication, the probable system discrepancy and back my decision to ASA management. I appreciated his knowledge and the fact that he did go to bat for me.

I would not have flown an airplane with CB's pulled for the entire bleed leak detection system just because maintenance "knew" it was a bad indication without ever having looked at the airplane - but it was still nice to have someone on the phone saying "Good job, Captain."

EWWWW...Bleed Leaks....Unless its 100 degrees out and the props in feather...........might be the real thing....good call.

Latest resources

Back