ASA CR2 ATL- Killeen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alchemy said:
Yes, actually, they built a new terminal at a different airport. It is now located at Gray Army Airfield (GRK). The runway is 9999 x 200 ft.

I was wondering about that too. I remember going there (at the old airport) in the Brasilia, and sometimes it was close in that thing in a hot day. No way a -200 could ever make it out.

General Lee said:
Now there is a good route for a 50 seat RJ. (no joke) Go to a place that has a large potential for traffic (Ft Hood), and no LCC competition. The other airlines flying there are COEX and Eagle, and they have routes to their Texas hubs. DL via ASA will offer a different alternative, especially for servicemen and families going to Europe. (German bases etc) Good job route planning. I also like McAllen service, along with Corpus Christi and Beaumont (good routes for those 50 seaters too), although I don't think I would personally go to any of those except Corpus Christi, which is close to South Padre.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just to save you some time, I wouldn't recommend a visit to Corpus Christi, only thing you will get out of that is tar on your feet.

Use to go there when we flew bros for COA. Nice place, sometimes you get a nice view of the mighty US military aircraft!!

Also back then World Airways DC10 use to be there transporting troops back and forth.

The taxiway to the terminal is kinna funny, its like going really uphill.

General Lee said:
I've got plenty of more suggestions for your management, trust me. If you are going to even fly the high CASM 50 seat RJ, it is best for you to be able to charge a premium, so we at Delta can get our money back (not me, the company). Didn't Comair lose us $140 million last year alone? We need RJs to fly to cities that even the LCCs avoid, like Killeen.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I've got a suggestion for you. Worry about cleaning up your own house before asking others to do the same.

The 140 mil to which you speak doesnt show up as a loss at DOT(at least not until DAL declared bankruptcy)...only in the minds of you and your creative bookkeepers at DAL!

Hmmmmm...Skywest seems to be doing OK with their and ASA's CL65's....guess they made a great deal!

I suppose one can only hope some mis-guided over-cashed miscreant will shell out the small change to aquire Comair and DAL will start making money again!

I do get some satisfaction knowing Comair and its' pilots are a "burr" in your saddle. :D

By far my least favorite overnight at my regional. When I refer to Texas as worthless sh!thole to people, Killeen is strong emprical evidence.

nimtz said:
By far my least favorite overnight at my regional. When I refer to Texas as worthless sh!thole to people, Killeen is strong emprical evidence.

Killeen is hardly a good representation of Texas. Go to Austin, spend some time partying with the unlimited amount of beautiful women downtown where there are 100's of bars within walking distance, hopefully in the spring or fall so it isn't hot as crap, then come back with your opinion of Texas. Using Killeen to judge Texas is like using a girls arm pit to judge how bad you want her in the sack, just doesn't make any sense. Check out the more interesting areas. Just my take, cheers

Ummm.......Never been there, but I'd hazard to guess that Kileen is *much* more representative of Texas as a whole than Austin is.

skywdriver said:
Killeen is hardly a good representation of Texas. Go to Austin, spend some time partying with the unlimited amount of beautiful women downtown where there are 100's of bars within walking distance, hopefully in the spring or fall so it isn't hot as crap, then come back with your opinion of Texas. Using Killeen to judge Texas is like using a girls arm pit to judge how bad you want her in the sack, just doesn't make any sense. Check out the more interesting areas. Just my take, cheers
I agree with you on all sentiments as relates towards Austin. Great town, great music and alot of wild women. Unfortantely my opinon of Texas is shaped by far too many nights in Lubbock, Midland, Laredo, Victoria, etc...

Don't get me started on Houston, but then again I am a Yankee piece of cr@p...:beer:

nimtz said:
I agree with you on all sentiments as relates towards Austin. Great town, great music and alot of wild women. Unfortantely my opinon of Texas is shaped by far too many nights in Lubbock, Midland, Laredo, Victoria, etc...

Don't get me started on Houston, but then again I am a Yankee piece of cr@p...:beer:

Sorry to hear that, at least you have seen the good part of Texas, even if you don't get to spend that much time there!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back