ASA CR2 ATL- Killeen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
79%N1 said:
Whew......I'm soooooo glad the General approves of us at ASA flying this route!!! That is a load off all of our minds. I only wish Delta/ASA management would consult him prior to making these decisions!

I am surprised that he wasn't telling us everyday for the last two months that it WOULD HAPPEN. He knows everything at DAL, just ask him.

Lolikoka said:
Did they extend the runway in Killeen? A few years ago the dispatcher tried to get us to divert there during DFW thunderstorms, and it took us a while to convince him that we didn't have runway data for it, and while we could have physically landed there, a CRJ would never take off from there again - legally anyway.

They now use Grey Army Airfield, not the small Killeen airport. The runway there is plenty big.

Bye Bye--General Lee

79%N1 said:
Whew......I'm soooooo glad the General approves of us at ASA flying this route!!! That is a load off all of our minds. I only wish Delta/ASA management would consult him prior to making these decisions!

I've got plenty of more suggestions for your management, trust me. If you are going to even fly the high CASM 50 seat RJ, it is best for you to be able to charge a premium, so we at Delta can get our money back (not me, the company). Didn't Comair lose us $140 million last year alone? We need RJs to fly to cities that even the LCCs avoid, like Killeen.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Lolikoka said:
Did they extend the runway in Killeen? A few years ago the dispatcher tried to get us to divert there during DFW thunderstorms, and it took us a while to convince him that we didn't have runway data for it, and while we could have physically landed there, a CRJ would never take off from there again - legally anyway.

Yes, actually, they built a new terminal at a different airport. It is now located at Gray Army Airfield (GRK). The runway is 9999 x 200 ft.

Good route for ASA. Actually, Every time I've flown there in the ERJ, we've been full, and close to max weight because of the bags. You usually get 20 or 30 "heavy bags" on that route.

Colgan's Saab's are horribly weight restricted. They usually have to leave with 5 or more empty seats in order to take all the bags from what I understand.

WhatRUSmokinGL? said:
Too good to go to Killeen?

Actually, I have been there, or driven through there. It was ok. The Army people probably love it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General so how much did Delta looooooooooooooose last year. I think $140 mil is a drop in the bucket in comparison. UBA757

Dated APR 04, 2006
"Delta, which is operating under bankruptcy protection and lost more than $500 million in January and February..."

That's about 8.47 mil per day. Which if memory serves is twice the loss of last years estimates of 4 mil per day.

Of course each dime of lost $$$$ is the fault of the RJ's and the RJ pilots!!!

Right General Lea?!

Source:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,189923,00.html

Last edited:
We used to go there in the bro from big D. Allways full!! We used to stay at the HOJO. Wonder if we're going back there. Not the nicest hotel but lots of restaurants and junk.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back