Asa Cp Sh

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Freebrd

For all those that said SH was a great line pilot's kinda CP, well, it didn't take long! He suspended the dude that went to search for his bag for a week! Stated 'we have to get the attention of these pilots', or something to that effect. And he doesn't like our MEC Chair already....nothing like ASA cool-aid!

If true, another great example of ASA trying to lead by fear. Do you think Southwest got to be such a great airline by leading by fear, no they know how to make their employees happy and motivate them.

Maybe ASA should hire an independent company to come in a direct them on how to treat and motivate their employees because mgt. can't do it.

If I flew with a crew and treated them like ASA treats its pilots and FA's they would not want to fly with me or cooperate.

Get a clue!

Source?

I heard about the Capt. and the bag, even our ATL base CP thought the punishment didn't fit the situation. The Capt. coulda handled it a little better too.

Were you told that it was SH that was the one who pushed for the week off or was he told to by upper mngmnt? Cause you know how much say our CP's have anymore.

Upper mgt or SH on his own, don't know. Doesn't really make a difference now does it? A week kinda off kinda harsh. What about some of the screw-ups who are in mgt positions who get promoted or a job is created for them? Like that Montreal dude and his DUIs, the recruiter w/ hers too, and on and on.....

Yeah, I heard the pilot in question could have handled it better. But, if we had space for our bags in the cockpit closet, or were allowed to place bags in the overheads, we wouldn't be having this discussion huh?

Was anybody in the crew room on Thursday night? Scott Hall and Bob Arnold had a very interesting little debate. From that I understood that it was Kim Reed who was the CP involved, and the person who made the comment about washing underwear in the sink. Scott also said that the punishment was "under review" because it may have been too severe. Dave challenged back that perhaps a written apology and back pay would be in order. Scott didn't have an answer.

Last edited:
In addition to a written and public apology from KR, I think she should step down as an asst CP. Her comments were totally inappropriate.

If she doesn't make some sort of apology, I think the Capt. who was involved should report her to Human Resources and file a formal complaint against her actions.

As far as I'm concerned, she should now be considered to be in the same category as the other asst CP, CC, who is also too inexperienced and under-qualified to be in that position.

Thank God for FL and BD, at least they have a clue.

PalmettoPilot said:
Was anybody in the crew room on Thursday night? Scott Hall and Dave Neuenhaus had a very interesting little debate. From that I understood that it was Kim Reed who was the CP involved, and the person who made the comment about washing underwear in the sink. Scott also said that the punishment was "under review" because it may have been too severe. Dave challenged back that perhaps a written apology and back pay would be in order. Scott didn't have an answer.

It was actually MEC Chair BA, SH, and FL having their own little town hall meeting. Many pilots joined in, it was good to see. Lets get all our $hit out there and maybe management will get a clue. Both management and the union are out there pounding the flesh in the crew lounges, but it is management going in to re-current and PIC classes, a luxury the union doesn't have, and spreading lies. Our CNC is ready to negotiate, our management is ready to dictate but they will tell you they are wanting to negotiate. BL is even on record as saying we need a Mesa type contract. Vote yes on the strike vote and be done with it!

Guys again with the alphabet soup? This is not top secret info, Scott Hall, Kim Reed, Brian Labreque. Come On!

Was talking to JR, YP and the rest in the crew lounge yesterday and the day before and they said the new controller that ASA just hired from SKW is a straight shooter. When setting up the models for the cost analysis he was straight up and gave us everything we asked for while TH sat there saying that he could get anything and the new guy said that it was not a problem at all right after TH. I guess TH was PO'd that his stall tactics were overridden by this new guy and kept stumbling over himself after every no answer the ne guy kept saying yes.

Hope this new guy is taking over the negotiations from TH. Been hearing more and more rumours about a lot of the pilot haters in mngment getting the boot. Hope that's true, it's gotten way too personal and it needs to get back to business.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back