• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Cp Sh

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:angryfireYeah, well mgmnt better see the light SOON before it gets a lot worse! Everyone I have talked too has had ENOUGH!! Give me the Strike Vote BABY!!!

I can see people saying Capt. Reed is inexperienced for the job. I disagree about Capt. Childree. For one, he has a system seniority in the top 1/3 of the company. For two, he has been a Captain for more than four years here. He also worked on numerous projects at the GO before he became a CP. What other qualification do people want from him? The FAA says you need to have 3 of the last 5 years as a PIC to be a System CP; he is only an asst.
Capt. Reed on the other hand has failed to meet that requirement and I agree that she should not have been selected for the position.

Plug said:
It was actually MEC Chair BA, SH, and FL having their own little town hall meeting. Many pilots joined in, it was good to see.

Normally if I see management in the lounge I head the other way, but I got interested when I saw Bob Arnold in there with Scott Hall.

It was definitely an interesting exchange between the two of them. Scott seemed pretty straight up, but his answers to questions about the abuse and reinterpretation of our current contract seemed evasive and were weak at best.

I started paying attention about half way into the discussion about the missing bag suspension so I didn't get the whole story.

Last edited:
As much as I like cowboys, BA is my hero! Nothing like tough questions in the crew lounge to the System CP in front of line pilots. Lots of points there for the MEC.

Hoser

Did you guys hear what PQ and RT said the other day? I mean, FD, GF, DE, and PG have got it coming to them!

LOL You guys are like a bunch of little school girls running around gossiping, and don't even have the gonads to say their names.

Professionalism!

I can see people saying Capt. Reed is inexperienced for the job. I disagree about Capt. Childree. For one, he has a system seniority in the top 1/3 of the company. For two, he has been a Captain for more than four years here. He also worked on numerous projects at the GO before he became a CP. What other qualification do people want from him? The FAA says you need to have 3 of the last 5 years as a PIC to be a System CP; he is only an asst.
Capt. Reed on the other hand has failed to meet that requirement and I agree that she should not have been selected for the position.

Well, sometimes when an inexperienced individual is put into a position of power, it tends to go to their heads. She evidently has never had to supervise or work with numbers of subordinates. If she is abusing her power and not helping matters, she needs to leave!

DrunkIrishman said:
I disagree about Capt. Childree. For one, he has a system seniority in the top 1/3 of the company. For two, he has been a Captain for more than four years here. He also worked on numerous projects at the GO before he became a CP. What other qualification do people want from him? The FAA says you need to have 3 of the last 5 years as a PIC to be a System CP; he is only an asst.

He is lacking something between his legs. Put a little pressure on him and he will cave. To quote him on a rest violation, "I'm going to have to fade some heat from above on this."

The above wasn't the FAA.

Last edited:
HoserASA said:
As much as I like cowboys, BA is my hero! Nothing like tough questions in the crew lounge to the System CP in front of line pilots. Lots of points there for the MEC.

Hoser

Yea I was in there too last night when they started going at it. Bob layed into him pretty good and seemed as fed up as well all(most) feel. I agree that Scott skirted around a bunch of the questions(specially the contract compliance/inerpertation). Hopefully he senses how fed up we all are. I will however, give him props for showing up and answering(or trying to at least) questions from a bunch of pissed off pilots. Mabye mgmt and the MEC can get something done in the next neg. session....if it's the same old crap though....bring on the VOTE!

DrunkIrishman said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Childree was an intern before he was hired as a pilot and he kept his employee number but he is not in the top third of seniority. 6 years does not put you that high.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back