ASA Contract key items

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pianoman said:
Did you really look at it? We have a 2 hour callout and a 12-hour callout, but no 9 as you say. Also, leg-by-leg pay adds some cash. I don't know if ASA currently has that or not.

Good luck with the contract- I think it would be great if you beat our payrates, but just remember to look at the complete package and work rules- the hourly rate is just the multiplier.

Also, you may not want to put your cards out on the table (what you'd settle for, etc.) on a public forum where management can see your bottom line. But it's your contract, so that's just my 2 cents.

Actually, neither of you have looked at it because it is a regular 2 hour callout and an 18 hour long callout. 100% retro based on Comair rates (my retro check was about 15K before taxes), commuter clause, profit sharing, leg by leg pay, and the best retirement of ANY small jet operator. The only thing Comair has that we didn't get was trip and duty rigs and the hourly rates. With the new pay freeze at Comair, XJT will pass them in hourly rates in December based upon years of service. If ASA can get anything near what XJT got, they will be very lucky.

Those of you angry at ASA management have to realize that they have very little to say in our contract talks. Yes they are responsible for the Crew Sched. abuses, and mismanagement, but little else.

ASA mgmt. will stall, and stall, and stall, until DAL tells them to move ahead. Since DAL is about to ask all of the labor groups (especially pilots) for major concessions, they can't well give us a raise and QOL improvements. (Yes General, I know GG said he didn't want to ask labor for more, but the writing is on the wall)

Until DAL has it's house in order (if ever) ASA won't see a new contract. The only person who can force DAL's hand is the NMB mediator, who isn't about to release us. Even if he did, we have too many scared little school children to really strike.

So there it is, all of the rest is academic.

Truckdriver said:
Actually, neither of you have looked at it because it is a regular 2 hour callout and an 18 hour long callout. 100% retro based on Comair rates (my retro check was about 15K before taxes), commuter clause, profit sharing, leg by leg pay, and the best retirement of ANY small jet operator. The only thing Comair has that we didn't get was trip and duty rigs and the hourly rates. With the new pay freeze at Comair, XJT will pass them in hourly rates in December based upon years of service. If ASA can get anything near what XJT got, they will be very lucky.

Actually, I have. Are you sure you work at the same place?

Section 21 (Scheduling) I.3.c:
A long-call reserve pilot must report for duty within 12 hours from the time the Company notifies him of an assignment.

That said I agree with the rest of your statement.

pianoman said:
Actually, I have. Are you sure you work at the same place?

Section 21 (Scheduling) I.3.c:
A long-call reserve pilot must report for duty within 12 hours from the time the Company notifies him of an assignment.

That said I agree with the rest of your statement.

Yea, your right. I haven't been on reserve with the new deal so I have not read the reserve rules carefully. I did know it was 12 hours when I voted, I think I just forgot. The only thing I get screwed with is the whole "it's within 18 hours and assigned to a reserve so you can't pick up that trip" crap from scheduling. I just thought the two co-incided with each other. Thanks for the correction.

av8tor4239 said:
Giving up premium is equal to concessions.. WHen I am underblock, I make between 200 and 500 dollars extra a month just for getting there 5 or less minutes ahead of scheduled block.

Funny thing is that 200-500 dollars a month is about 1/3 of my entire post tax paycheck... I had to quit contributions to my 401 K, just to get by pay check to paycheck. I make 34.84 per hour, 3rd year ASA

KEEP PREMIUM

DUMP PREMIUM....the only group Premium works for are the ATR drivers but, that plane is fading away quickly! I love the ATR drivers (minus one of 'em anyway) but, you'll all be over here soon anyway. Give it away to get something that'll benefit a HUGE percentage more of us. Its not uncommon for an ATR to get 15+ hrs. premium a month...NEVER on the RJ. You're lucky to get 5hrs. Its much easier for us to go over and most (?) of our lines are blocked to 80+hrs. anyway.

Retro, scheduling and at least Comair rates!

Other than that, I'm very content.

Palerider957 said:
Even if he did, we have too many scared little school children to really strike.

So there it is, all of the rest is academic.

Don't think that because some of us don't rant about stricking all the time , over and over and over and over....well you get the idea.....that we don't have the resolve to walk out. I think you'd be VERY surprised at what a strick vote would bring.

We must get 100% retro pay and a seniority based reserve system with access to crew trac to hold em accountable.

atrdriver said:
Has it occured to you that CMR struck for 89 days and was almost shut down and didn't get 100% retro pay? Remember that this next contract is going to have to get us by another 7 or 8 years.

atrdriver,
This is exactely why we have to get 100%retro pay!! I refuse to let mgmnt drag this out every time!! I will not sign unless we get 100% retro.

Dont even show me anything without 100% retro pay! Automatic no vote! There is no way we can let mgmnt off the hook for their tactics! That is our only revenge.

After that, at least a min day, and the big scheduling issues.

Remember, COEX got 100% retro pay at COMAIR rates, which is higher than their newly negotiated rates!

Guys - with Mesa's rates and Comair's concessions what makes you think "retro pay" will not involve us writing a check to the Company?

I honestly think Delta is too far gone for our contract to matter a whit. Our Contract will be nullified by bankruptcy, if we even get a contract before bankruptcy. Either way it does not matter.

My strike issues are:
1) Delta is a signatory to our contract ( no more alter ego )
2) Delta is a signatory to our scope section
3) We have representation directly with the party in charge of our wages and working conditions.
4) We have online access to Crewtrac
5) We have ASAP without waiving our grievance protections ( Company made safety a contract issue - so can we )

~ Now the "nice to haves, but not worth shutting the Company down for ~

6) We have some sort of personal time, so we don't have to use "sick" calls when the roof blows off our house, our car gets hit by some idiot drunk or other disasters strike.
7) Open time pick up without restrictions, if it legal, you can pick it up.
8) Time and a half pick up within 72 hours
9) Trip and duty rigs
10) Any involuntary junior manning, or extending, earns the pilot a credit which they can trade for time and a half, or for time and a half to drop a trip ( time off ) I am tired of ASA taking all my time off - people need time to rest and decompress from the constant battle with scheduling.

Notice that these are "non economic" items which are really win / win proposals for us and ASA. The time off instead of time and a half would actually save a few bucks, although the airline might have to train enough pilots and plan with something other than last month's numbers.

I do not anticipate that most of the items on my must have list will be negotiated, even less expectation that they will be agreed to. So, I know how I will vote when given the opportunity. I will repeat that vote every chance I get until Delta's alter ego portfolio is gone. I simply hate the way we have been treated.

~~~^~~~

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back