• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA confirms details for Air Mekong

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was over there once. Beer & hookers were very cheap. The ones with French blood were very good looking. Had gun control. Everyone had at least one. Plenty of ammo too. The people were friendly. Except on occasion. Beautiful country. But that was then. Oh to be young again. Go for it people. I think you will enjoy it. Have fun the years pass fast.

I'm all logged into Flica, but I can't seem to find the place to bid for Mekong....any help?

How'd you get it? My friend still over there is senior to you but his bid said "denied due to low reserve coverage." Someone should grieve it.

Right now I am studying for a corporate finance final that I have to turn in by tomorrow night. But I am A.D.D. so I'm not good at eliminating distractions. Thats why I take my trusty laptop with me every time I fly.

Other than that, I'm flight instructing again while waiting for someone to respond to one of the 1000 applications I have filled out since Jan 2008. Sad thing is... I get paid more to fly a 172 than I did when I was flying with 50 Delta passengers in the back.

No, half the class walked out after the company never paid per diem each week after always promising the check "next week" and then they canceled paying everyone while in training as they originally had promised and said no one would get paid until after IOE because that was considered training as well, then decided after ground school was over that they would surprise everyone by making us sign an 18 month 20K contract. Also, the local FAA guy was telling everyone in private to watch our backs on the line cause they were watching every move the company was making. That was a surprise to everyone. So half the guys including me said see ya. Then they offered to flat out pay for all my training to try to get me to stay because I had already finished the ground school and was already there I guess (they originally were going to require me to pay for the type) but I still said I wasn't interested. I wasn't leaving because of money. So I left, some of the other guys did change their mind after leaving and they let them come back and take the check ride. They are flying there now... One guy that didn't come back sued the company and another got an offer to go to Virgin. The whole ordeal was a strange couple weeks but afterwords I went door to door to every operator in south florida passing out resumes and i came up with a flight instructing job at one of these schools with all the south american students. Also got got an interview and was put in a hiring pool at another airline. They estimated training in the spring but so far nothing......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back