• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

asa cobra for the 80

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well it would be a little more then 20$ a month for 350 pilots on furlough verses 80. But I agree to bad nothing was done to help you guys I would have paid.

Not really. XJT has more pilots on senority list to spread cost. Not to mention most got on with Mesaba, Compass and CapeAir quick. I would guess the current number of XJT furloughs currently unemployed and with out health insurance is around 100.

Last edited:
Did you mean $20 a paycheck, or $20 a month? The estimate I got from the MEC was $15.60 per month. Also, what is this .32% number being discussed by ALPA & the MEC? Do they mean .032% of our monthly checks? If so, that's more than $15 a month.

I'm a Yes vote, but I would apreciate a more accurate number of what our contributions will be.

After talking to several Pilot Representatives, my understanding is it amounts to $3.20 per thousand dollars of gross earnings and will be billed monthly. You will get a monthly statement for billing. It will not be taken out of your paycheck. So, each month you made:
Gross........ Cobra
wages....... Contribution
$1,000 = $ 3.20
$2,000= $ 6.40
$3,000 =$ 9.60
$4,000 =$12.80
$5,000 =$16.00
$6,000 =$19.20
$7,000= $22.40
$8,000= $25.60
$9,000 =$28.80
$10,000= $32.00
$11,000= $35.20

Director
of
Operations Contributions
$12,500 X .0032 = $40 (estimate)

Or, to be more exact, you compute it like this:

Total Monthly Gross earnings X .0032 = billed amount for that month.

Note:
  • It will be different amount each month, depending on gross earned
  • To compute for yourself, you will need to total the gross amount for the 2 bi-monthly paychecks.
  • All ALPA Pilots on the seniority list will pay including I.P.'s, Chief Pilots, and MGMT pilots including your Director of Flight Operations.
  • Non members can voluntarily pay
That is the way it was explained to me.

I voted yes, also. I have been furloughed at another airline and, due to costs, I could not afford to pay for insurance for my family. Luckily, we did not have any serious health issues during that period. Otherwise, it could have meant bankruptcy.This idea is a kind gesture and hopefully all our EMPLOYED pilots will get behind it! It is for a very short duration and will not amount to much for each pilot if it passes.

Last edited:
Well if the flight info tally holds, this should be an easy pass. That is unless some are voting no and are just to ashamed to admit it.

Although I believe it will pass, I am not so sure of what the percentages will be.

At first I thought it would have been a slamdunk, but there have been some dissenting viewpoints on this subject. Not so much about wanting to help out, but being forced to by the majority of the voting pilots.

On the subject, what have other Regional Airlines done (if anything) for their furloughed pilots?

Where do you vote for this? I can't find anything on the ASA Alpa site or the Alpa national?

Ballot point, you should have recieved something in the mail with the web address on it. You also need your vin# and pin#, which I didn't have, you can get a new one online on the ALPA website.

After talking to several Pilot Representatives, my understanding is it amounts to $3.20 per thousand dollars of gross earnings and will be billed monthly. You will get a monthly statement for billing. It will not be taken out of your paycheck. So, each month you made:
Gross........ Cobra
wages....... Contribution
$1,000 = $ 3.20
$2,000= $ 6.40
$3,000 =$ 9.60
$4,000 =$12.80
$5,000 =$16.00
$6,000 =$19.20
$7,000= $22.40
$8,000= $25.60
$9,000 =$28.80
$10,000= $32.00
$11,000= $35.20

Director
of
Operations Contributions
$12,500 X .0032 = $40 (estimate)

Or, to be more exact, you compute it like this:

Total Monthly Gross earnings X .0032 = billed amount for that month.

Note:
  • It will be different amount each month, depending on gross earned
  • To compute for yourself, you will need to total the gross amount for the 2 bi-monthly paychecks.
  • All ALPA Pilots on the seniority list will pay including I.P.'s, Chief Pilots, and MGMT pilots including your Director of Flight Operations.
  • Non members can voluntarily pay
That is the way it was explained to me.

I voted yes, also. I have been furloughed at another airline and, due to costs, I could not afford to pay for insurance for my family. Luckily, we did not have any serious health issues during that period. Otherwise, it could have meant bankruptcy.This idea is a kind gesture and hopefully all our EMPLOYED pilots will get behind it! It is for a very short duration and will not amount to much for each pilot if it passes.

Thanks for the info, Speedtape. I voted yes as well. I'm glad it will be monthly billing. Not trying to toot my horn here, but I was planning on donating $100 per month to a fund. Hopefully there will be a separate fund (private, not Union affiliated) that can or will take collections for the furloughees. Hopefully this will pass, it's just the right thing to do.

Trojan

Latest resources

Back