ASA Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cbrown1

Anyone have any info on any new-hire ASA classes being held? I have a friend that's in the pool and has been since may. With all the attrition it's hard to imagine why there hasn't been one since may.

Was in the crew room the other day and a chief pilot (CV) said it looks like the spring before any new hire classes begin unless something changes.

The only way things change for ASA is for the worse. If you are waiting in a pool, get out, towel yourself off and send a resume to CHQ. You will make Captain before I do. ASA is the step-mule of the Regionals. Come here if you want to be beat down.

Wow!!!!! CV dropped a little piece of info to a line pilot that makes things look worse than they are?????? I'm shocked!!!

What else would you expect from an ex-ALPA die-hard turned Chief Pilot???

Of all the people at ASA that I have next to no respect for (and it's a long, long, list.... longer, in fact, than the line of RJs waiting to park on ramp 3 on any given Thursday...), CV is at the very bottom of that list....

Miserable management sell-out..... sleep well ass-bag.

79%N1 said:
The only way things change for ASA is for the worse. If you are waiting in a pool, get out, towel yourself off and send a resume to CHQ. You will make Captain before I do. ASA is the step-mule of the Regionals. Come here if you want to be beat down.

And you.... chill with the career F/O schtick. I know it's a pain in the butt, but you're starting to sound downright disgruntled. Just hang tight and do your job... it'll come. Lot's of other guys (myself included) waited a lot longer than we had planned to upgrade. What can I say? The industry is a pisser. In the meantime, just hang tight and do your job and *only* your job? Captain wants you to go chase down a caterer???? No thanks. Captain wants you to call ten times for fuel?? No thanks. Be diplomatic about it, but just do your job... Nothing more, nothing less....

Until you fly with me, that is... then we can two-engine taxi and full-thrust takeoff to our hearts' content... That is, if we ever leave the gate after we wait for fuel for hours after our "One call, that's all."

My point? Just relax. Do your job the way YOU want to do it and then go home. Don't stress about ASA, don't worry about ASA, don't give two craps about ASA. You'll be a much happier person.

Nobody said I did any of the above. I'm just telling the guy not to wait on ASA, especially if he wants to be be at a place that expands, grows, gets new equipment and bases, etc....Thats not ASA, and never will be. ASA takes it in the shorts, constantly. First Delta, now Skywest. We are the worst performing airline in the industry with the worst management. We have "brothers" at our sister company that will fly 99 seaters for 50 seat rates, ensuring we will never see those aircraft.

Am I disgruntled? Maybe. ASA will wear you down with bad news followed by repeated kicks in the groin. My suggestion for anyone waiting on ASA, go to Skywest or CHQ. I'll stand by that.

Don't get worried about it. It's life at the regionals. Just expect it and you won't be crushed when it does occur.

Last I heard was a Jan class but I am betting it comes sooner than that. there wasn't enough of the LAX flying to make up for the lose in SLC but the attrition is getting higher. More FO's have gone to Skywest than expected form SLC. You never know. Just keep your resume updated and out there.

But stay far, far away from Mesa, TSA and GoJet. Skywest and Shaniqua seem like the place to be for now (for now). It could change next week.

Why not apply at SkyWest? They will have an Atlanta base before long and they are training 75 pilots every three weeks. They are getting ASA's airplanes and new airplanes from Bombardier.

Be smart, don't waste any time coming to ASA. Go somewhere that has a future, where you can get your PIC time and escape to an airline who's name is on the side of the airplane you are flying.

ALPA and Management both despite ASA and this place will only be around until they find a bag to put this steaming pile of dog squeeze in. I will strike simply out of spite at this point. This airline is truly miserable. And around here I am an optimist, you should fly with a malcontent!

Former Frieght Dwg - you could not be more right about CV, but please don't do anything to make airplanes later than they already are. The CDO crews are getting destroyed out there.

Last edited:
So if we arent hiring anytime soon why is ASA spending money on hiring a new basic indoc ground instructor? Think before you speak idiots. If this place sucks you know where the door is, stop complaining about everything. Management could say we were getting a 50% payraise make the ramp automated and 99.9% of the people on this board would still complain about the pay and ramp. I get so sick of listening to co-workers complain about this stuff for hours. And yes I know it sucks to wait for an hour to get parked but we get paid for it, it doesnt hurt us a bit. And for you people who say do whats in the contract and nothing else, thats hurting the people whos income goes to our pay check, its not hurting management. Dont take your hate for management out on our passengers.

Latest resources

Back